What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

Shave #162. I could easily use this soap every day all Summer. Very pleasant and strong citrus scent.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Friday 11th June, shave #162.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Palmolive
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB + shim, Astra SP #2
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

First class result with no irritation.

I'm going to use the shimmed .68 as my everyday razor for a while, as it feels just as comfortable, but with the efficiency turned up a notch.

I like the .84 safety bar, you can't argue with the excellent pass 1, but I found it a bit much for ATG neck shaving. The shimmed .68 might be a stepping-stone to enjoying the full upgrade.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, June 12th 2021, #163 of 163 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E2- Mfg 1959 2qtr, great historical razor, good weight and built to last. Good shave as usual.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon (2) smooth & sharp with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Proraso green eucalyptus, mid range menthol eucalyptus scent, great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Cashmere knot, new brush, soft feel, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(setting7) + ATG (setting 8)+ pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a Gillette Wilkinson coated blade.
Brush collage June 12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

DE SOTD, Sat, June 12th 2021, #163 of 163 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor: Gillette Fatboy E2- Mfg 1959 2qtr, great historical razor, good weight and built to last. Good shave as usual.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon (2) smooth & sharp with reasonable longevity.
Soap: Proraso green eucalyptus, mid range menthol eucalyptus scent, great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Cashmere knot, new brush, soft feel, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG(setting7) + ATG (setting 8)+ pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =
[IMG]
excellent shave with my Gillette Fatboy with a Gillette Wilkinson coated blade.
View attachment 1280670

Have some great shaves!
I haven't used Proraso in years. For sandalwood scent I've never found anything better than Red. Need to get another tub.

Saturday 12th June, shave #163.

Soap: MWF
Razor: GC.68 SB + shim, Astra SP #3

Used the titanium Windrose handle, which looks fantastic, but isn't quite as agile as their aluminium one. Another good result, apart from having an insect bite to avoid.

Day 164 ~ Shave 165 ~ Score 9/10

June has accidentally turned into Merkur Progress month 🙂 It was on deck again this morning with a 2nd use Merkur blade.

Everything was spot on bar the blade so that's getting binned ahead of tomorrow's shave.

IMG_20210613_141113095~2.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Saturday
365 Shaves in 2021: 163 for 163 = 100%
Razor: Karve SB-G
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (6 and retired)
Brush: RazoRock Butterscotch Beehive (28mm Plissoft knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
20210612_213127~2.jpg

Outstanding shave! :cool:

Sunday 13th June, shave #164.

Soap: Palmolive
Razor: GC.68 SB + shim, Astra SP #4

Went back to my favourite aluminium handle, and was rewarded with a good autopilot shave.

Progress — I have finally worn a hole in the middle of the Palmolive puck.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 164 for 164 = 100%
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: PAA Peregrino 24mm Roswell Hybrid Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Reuzel Wood & Spice
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile For Men EdT Spray
shave 20210613_092958_2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Monday 14th June, shave #165.

Soap: MWF
Razor: GC.84 SB, Astra SP #3

Since I've been finding the .68 shimmed to .78 comfortable, I tried the .84 safety bar again, with the agile aluminium handle. It felt almost the same, but with the efficiency turned up another notch.

Did the full shave including neck ATG without any drama, and got a good DFS. This is a candidate to be the new favourite, if I can use it every day for a week.

Top Bottom