What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Thursday 20210415
365 Shaves in 2021: 105 for 105 = 100%
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech (England) (Evgeny Koshelev (rusdrunkbear) Ti Handle)
Blade: Feather (3 and retired)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Floïd Suave
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic
20210415_101751~2.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, April 15th 2021 #105 of 105

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant- Mfg 2017> excellent slant, very light touch works well, very efficient and can be aggressive at times.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP (Black)(1) excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity. One of my favorites.
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum & Sandalwood, nice scent + great lather qualities. My new boar brush did not perform that well with this soap. Still needed more soap load I'm thinking. Synthetics no problem.
Brush: New Yaqi 24mm boar brush, this boar seems to have a great feel to the face with not much scretchyness at all with good backbone.
Pre shave: Brush(yaqi Cashmere 24mm knot daily with a black marble handle) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Ogallala Bayrum with Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Gillette 7oClock.
DE SOTD, Thur, April 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Wednesday 15th April, shave #105.

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: MWF, bowl-lathered
Brush: Men-U boar
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #5.
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid, Nivea Balm.

I'm having a winning streak with this one. Near-BBS face, DFS neck.

If it had several days to deal with, it might be too mild, but it is perfectly good for one day's growth.

Shave #73
Kamisori shave#12
Feather Professional blade #2

3 pass BBS
Rating: 10/10

I got an excellent shave today.
I gave more respect to the Feather Professional blades, and made adjustments to the angle of the blade.

This resulted in a very close shave, all the while my skin feels relaxed and happy.

IMG_20210416_160150.jpg

Shave #106

Just did a three pass, straight razor shave in the work change rooms this morning after a group training session. I was expecting a few comments but no one batted an eye. I guess most people just aren’t that interested in shaving.
That's crazy! How many people shave in a public place, much less pull out a SR! That's pretty cool.

Here's shave #106 for me, as close as I get to a SR, an SE blade. Great shave!
Imagepipe_22.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Friday 20210416
365 Shaves in 2021: 106 for 106 = 100%
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb (SC)
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (IBO) (Mühle 25mm Silvertip Fibre)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Rustic Tobacco
Moisturizer: Nivea Post Shave Balm + Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Canoe EdT Splash
20210416_152257.jpg

Friday 16th April, shave #106.

17-04-21 Cropped bowl etc.JPG

Soap: MWF
Bowl: Victorian Silver
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #6

I got my antique bowl today, and gave it a test drive. It's easy to make lather in it, as I surmised when I saw the listing, and the fluted pattern produced a creamier lather (more aerated? better, anyway) than whipping up MWF by brute force in a smooth bowl. Had an enjoyable shave, getting a BBS face and DFS neck.

There are specks of tarnish in the bottom of the bowl, but since that's harmless and won't affect the performance, I'm going to leave it alone, and see if lathering will gently polish it out.

I think these Charles Boyton bowls were intended for displaying flowers, but I wonder how many Victorian gents "borrowed" one to use with their straights.

It's ten times better looking than my repurposed white plastic kitchenware bowl, so I will add a photo.

Shave #74
3 pass BBS shave with the RazoRock BBS.

I brought up my DE razor today, and I'll be assessing my other razors to decide which will be sold.
I'm going to sell of a few razors even from my 5 razor collection.
Same thing with the brushes, although I played a loose game with the brushes, and managed to acquire 5 brushes.

IMG_20210417_191635.jpg

Friday 16th April, shave #106.

View attachment 1252606

Soap: MWF
Bowl: Victorian Silver
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #6

I got my antique bowl today, and gave it a test drive. It's easy to make lather in it, as I surmised when I saw the listing, and the fluted pattern produced a creamier lather (more aerated? better, anyway) than whipping up MWF by brute force in a smooth bowl. Had an enjoyable shave, getting a BBS face and DFS neck.

There are specks of tarnish in the bottom of the bowl, but since that's harmless and won't affect the performance, I'm going to leave it alone, and see if lathering will gently polish it out.

I think these Charles Boyton bowls were intended for displaying flowers, but I wonder how many Victorian gents "borrowed" one to use with their straights.

It's ten times better looking than my repurposed white plastic kitchenware bowl, so I will add a photo.
I've also been bowl lathering lately as I received this week a new ceramic bowl. The bumpy texture works great.

Shave #107 was a rare (for me) gem shave. Really good shave with no issues.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Top Bottom