What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

Shave #365. Beautiful kit for a great shave. Learned lots this year through daily shaves.
Thanks for sticking around to the end!
There are days in the year when shaving isn't the easiest thing to do, like when camping.
See you in 2022.
Imagepipe_4.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Dec31st, 2021-#365 of 365 consecutive daily shaves, lets hope for a better new year.

Razor: Yaqi Katana with a Yaqi Razzo Rocket handle- 1st use, upper mid range, there is blade feel yet some what smooth, a little more care needs to taken. You can snap a DE blade in half or just purchase half blades, bought the head on sale. I would recommend working over a wash cloth because parts are small.
Blade : Personna red (1) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity IMO.
Soap: Razorock Irish Country side, mild scent with excellent lather qualities. Great soap once you use it over time I found.
Brush: Yaqi purple haze with 24mm mew knot- excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion (balm) + scentless.
Results: CCS, DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 nick(operator error)= :a17:excellent shave with my Katana SE + 1/2 a Personna red.
SOTD, Dec 31, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20211231 New Year's Eve 🥳
365 Shaves in 2021: 365 for 365 = 100% 🥳
20211231_181603~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE (Grande Handle)
Blade: German Bolzano (1)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20211231_181638~2.jpg

It has been an honor shaving daily with such esteemed Gentlemen! :thumbup:

Happy New Year and here's to 2022! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

Friday 31st December, shave #365, 100% complete .

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.68 SB, Astra SP #7
Post-shave: Nivea 2-Phase Lotion.

Got two new SV soaps in the post, so decided to test drive the Opuntia first. This is the best-performing soap of any that I've tried so far. Got a near-perfect result apart from some minor user error (no styptic required).

Happy New Year everyone. My January 1st shave will be a test drive of SV Cubebe.

Hope to see some of you in the January GRUME and the 365 shaves in 2022 threads.

Shave # 364

Brush: Graydog “Sue Benefit” w/ Muhle 26mm STF knot installed by Rudy Vey
Blade: Personna Crystal (1) absolutely amazing shave
Soap: Ethos Vanilla Safi, I am addicted to this soap, for a soap to be any better than this it would have to shave for you.
Razor: WR2 SS SB 1.25 w/ Timeless Ti Crown 👑 Handle
B1935BB4-B6D5-4122-A0BF-173697969639.jpeg

Doug, 65 in Tucson, Arizona

Top Bottom