Green Cult 2.0 IITiger Platinum (2)Simpson T3
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashDutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash
Floïd (AS)
Nivea (Balm)

EfficiencyQuality
9.5/10 (~15 minutes)10/10 (clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
7/10 (DFS-)6/10 (tuggy)

Notes to today’s shave:

Second shave with my Green Cult Flask. Yesterday went well so I expect a similar shave. I have the razor a second hand polish and I now like how it looks. Feels smooth to the touch as well now. Second use of the Tiger blade and it already started tugging. My mind so would like to embrace this blade and I have had wonderful shaves with it in the past, but it seems to have a taste for only specific razors in my den. It seems the GC2.0 is not one of those razors. The razor itself didn’t mind and went to work anyway. A nice DFS- with smoother cheeks was the end result.

More details can be found in my journal here.

The star of the shave was the GC2.0 II. TO end in true @flask28 fashion and style:

View attachment 1598918

Shave #33 on the year. Very much enjoying the Carbon/PermaSharp pairing. Used two synthetics for the first time this week. Both from China. I don't like either of them. I'll be glad to get back to boar tomorrow. Forgot my BlackBerry Motion phone on my desk at work so I'm using my even older BlackBerry 10 Passport this morning. I miss tactile keyboard phones.
IMG_20230202_064532.jpg

I have the Nivea Hyaluron coming up when I am finished my current Nivea cream, how do you find it?
I hope this helps, this is how I do it

Shave 33/33 of 365
Today shave was smooth, 2½ passes, BBS
EJ 3One6
BiC (4)
TOBS Lavander
Simpson T3
Nivea Hyaluron Balm
View attachment 1598691

During shower I use face wash and Nivea cream after, it gives good results
View attachment 1598697

I always see all this Nivea stuff not avail in the US :) while I am away from balms these days did love the Nivea stuff for scent etc... and might have to do some of the shave shops out of Spain or something to try some of the other AS splashes some day :) but fun to see all the cool stuff avail in other places !

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
33 of 365
One Blade in February Challenge

IMG_20230202_114437~2.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Personna Med-Prep(2)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band badger
Soap: EJ Limes and Pomegranate

My Groundhog Day prediction is that by the end of the month a lot of people will have shaved with the same blade for a whole month. Though as far as weather prediction I'm not with Punxsutawney Phil, I'm with Sand Mountain Sam but Scrambles the Duck can keep his break shut when it comes to predicting the weather, if you want to know what it's going to do it'll be the opposite of whatever Scrambles says.
Tonight I finally turned the EJ into a donut, it's just a pity I didn't have any Jonuts left to celebrate. The soap was too wet each pass and I hat to add more soap so that only the last pass was the right consistency.
The result was another BBS though it required a quick touch-up on the neck

Shave #33

Brush: RV Clone handle w/ 24mm Mozingo ZT4, this is a beautiful non gelled knot

Blade: Perma Sharp (1), this is the first time I ever used a Perma Sharp in a
WR2 SB 1.25, it was wonderful is there any razor that this blade does not work with?

Soap: Ethos Succes F Base, this is my favorite Ethos

Razor: My absolutely niche Razor & Gap WR2 Ti SB 1.25 it is a dream, I am a one razor
person but if I were to add a second I would buy a Blackbird Ti again.

Post Shave: Ethos Succes Skin Food Splash 💦

These first 3 shaves with the WR2 Ti 1.25 have been wonderful

🌟🌟🌟🌟🥇🥇🥇🎊🎊🎊

21B2FC29-5FF0-4DAE-9923-101294C9C647.jpeg

Doug

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 33 of 33 = 100%
Razor: Greencult v1 (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1)
Brush: @apshaveco White (@apshaveco 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pre de Provance No 63
Aftershave: Lustray Draggon
Fragrance: Classic Match Noir

Excellent DFS shave! :cool:
20230202_124127~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12114295

Thursday 2nd February, shave #33

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #3
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid

Since the month divides tidily into 4 x 7, I'm going to stick to one soap per week. I've got one MWF and 3 SVs on the go, so this is also a great excuse to use lots of SV. :D

Continuing with SV70 (Beta 4.1 edition), I got another excellent near-BBS. This stuff is even easier to bowl-lather than MWF.

I always see all this Nivea stuff not avail in the US

The availability of Nivea products seems to be a geographical lottery. I like the "2-in-1 Aftershave" one, which was sold in the UK as "2 Phase Aftershave Lotion" a few years ago. It's the one you shake up to emulsify, like a salad dressing.

Could not find it in the UK any more, so I managed to get some from DE and NL eBayers.

Have to laugh at the lengths we'll go to, to get our first-rate shave and post-shave products. 🤣

Shave 34/34 of 365
IMG_20230129_193900.jpg

The availability of Nivea products seems to be a geographical lottery.
Also they are gone, just like that.
I've been using Nivea face wash for 2 years, I went to same store, to get more, and it was gone, strane thing was that the girl who was working there for a long time, had no idea what I was looking for, like it it was never there. Now you can't get Nivea face wash in Montenegro anywhere, so I stockpile while I'm traveling

Date03.02.2023
365 days of shaving34/365 (100%)
GRUYERE34/365 (100%)
GRUME February03/28 (100%)
Other participations
  • Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
  • Discovery Blade Adventure
  • One Blade in February (OBiF)

Passes3.5 and touch ups
XWTGCheeks: N-S
Neck: N-S
WXTG (2)Cheeks L: W-E
Cheeks R: E-W
Neck: S-N
XATG (0.5)Cheeks: S-N

RazorBladeBrush
Green Cult 2.0 IITiger Platinum (3)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Dutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

EfficiencyQuality
7/10 (~25 minutes)10/10 (clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
7/10 (DFS-)6.5/10 (harsh bordering comfortable)

Notes to today’s shave:

Third shave with my Green Cult Flask. And also third shave with the Tiger, perhaps against better judgment but only one way to find out. And it actually turned out to be a nice shave. No BBS, no full blown DFS, but overall smooth without irritation, nicks or redness is perfectly fine in my book!

I loaded super heavy (for me) on the Fat - I think I counted to 30. It worked because I had a nice rich and creamy lather. Just what the shaving doctor ordered. Great glide for this razor and blade. I guess sufficient cushion against potential harhness.

This razor is fun (@flask28 - wonderful choice!!)! It somehow is less intuitive than any of my other razors (well the Flatboy perhaps) and therefore more sides to be explored.

More details on today's shave can be found in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom