What's new

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒

@Leverspro
Maybe if we all placed a link to this thread in whatever postings we make tomorrow???
And could we extend the deadline a few days as long as someone hasn't missed a day next year?
Oh Absolutely, people can sign up whenever. No deadlines here. I think that happened this year, guys were shaving daily and then noticed the thread some time in January. It's a big commitment but nothing in comparison to the 2023 GRUME! That's real commitment.

New Years Eve Day
The final day of GRUME, 2022...Still In 💪

Decem🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗, 2022 completed​

SV Saturday
Inaugural Semogue Saturday

Rockwell 6S, plate 4 with generic aluminum handle
Astra Platinum (7)
Semogue 830
Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia

PXL_20221230_175731781.jpg

I want to say special thanks to all the thread sponsors for your leadership roles this year.
@FoolishMortal in GRUME
@SharpieB for DecemBOAR
@Guido75 for Muhle Mondays
@Smooth and Sharp for MdC Mondays
@Rusty Blade for the SWS
@Mike M for SV Mondays
@Balin for Synthetic Sundays!
@JAHE for Tallow Tabac Tuesdays
@FoolishMortal for Arko August
@BigJ for Shark Week
@DavidN88 for Semogue Saturdays...made it in the last day of the year!

Sorry for others that I am not remembering at this time. AND a special thanks to a GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS that have made B&B one of the most special places on the internet.

In 2023, I look forward to begin GRUYERE initiated by @KQY61.
365 Shaves in 2023 started by @Leverspro is looking for prospects that are daily shavers. Here is a link.

That wraps up 2022. Thanks and 🍻🥂 for a new year!
John

Happy new year to all of you
I wish you smooth shaves, perfect lather and plenty of new gear that you will enjoy for long time, good health and long life to you and your families.

Early morning shave (I'm at the far east at the moment)
Daily shave 001/001
EJ 3One6
Nacet (1)
Simpson T3
Proraso Blue
Nivea 2in1
IMG_20230101_043405.jpg

Looking forward to keeping on keeping on!

01) Leverspro
02) awk_m4
03) Lasta
04) Dobric
05) Roedeer
06) Guido75
07) never-stop-learning
08) Mike M
09) BigJ
10) CKMaui
11) sm29
12) Trollky
13) Jayson74
14) Canes
15) Tjsgarden
16) MaineYooper
17)
18)
19)
20)

Happy new year to all of you
I wish you smooth shaves, perfect lather and plenty of new gear that you will enjoy for long time, good health and long life to you and your families.

Early morning shave (I'm at the far east at the moment)
Daily shave 001/001
EJ 3One6
Nacet (1)
Simpson T3
Proraso Blue
Nivea 2in1
View attachment 1580770
That's fantastic! Good to know the New Year is really there, somewhere. Not here yet! One more sleep before I get to shave again.

WELCOME to all the new guys! I wish you every blessing and privilege that lies behind being able to shave every day for a year.

Happy New Year. This is a great way for me to get a bit of discipline and stick to a routine. I'm in!

01) Leverspro
02) awk_m4
03) Lasta
04) Dobric
05) Roedeer
06) Guido75
07) never-stop-learning
08) Mike M
09) BigJ
10) CKMaui
11) sm29
12) Trollky
13) Jayson74
14) Canes
15) Tjsgarden
16) MaineYooper
17) vpr
18)
19)
20)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Happy New Year. This is a great way for me to get a bit of discipline and stick to a routine. I'm in!

01) Leverspro
02) awk_m4
03) Lasta
04) Dobric
05) Roedeer
06) Guido75
07) never-stop-learning
08) Mike M
09) BigJ
10) CKMaui
11) sm29
12) Trollky
13) Jayson74
14) Canes
15) Tjsgarden
16) MaineYooper
17) vpr
18)Ron R
19)
20)

I'll give it a try.

01) Leverspro
02) awk_m4
03) Lasta
04) Dobric
05) Roedeer
06) Guido75
07) never-stop-learning
08) Mike M
09) BigJ
10) CKMaui
11) sm29
12) Trollky
13) Jayson74
14) Canes
15) Tjsgarden
16) MaineYooper
17) vpr
18) Ron R
19) Ruva
20)

01) Leverspro
02) awk_m4
03) Lasta
04) Dobric
05) Roedeer
06) Guido75
07) never-stop-learning
08) Mike M
09) BigJ
10) CKMaui
11) sm29
12) Trollky
13) Jayson74
14) Canes
15) Tjsgarden
16) MaineYooper
17) vpr
18) Ron R
19) Ruva
20) bjm
21) Shaun asleep

Hi again, guys! Can't promise I'll post regularly. Sometimes I'm too busy, most of the times I try not to visit the forum because it triggers my spending finger.
But I'd be crazy not to sign up for something I will one hundooo finish.

Glad to be a board!

april_2023-01-01-12-34-07-518.jpg

Just realised I'm off for a 5 day holiday starting tomorrow. That's 5 days without my straight. Hope I won't forget how to use it. 😬

Date
365 days of shaving1/365
(100%)
GRUME January1/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 3/3
Timor 3/3
Eddison 3/3

Passes3
WXTG
first pass cheeks: CB Curve (NW-SE curving midway to NE-SW)
second pass cheeks: Gillette Slant (SW-NE)

first pass neck: Gillette Slant (NE-SW)
second pass neck: Gillette Slant (S-N)
ATG
Straight & Slanted
(SW-NE | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SCB
Eddison (1)Omega Super Badger
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
MWF
Mostly face lathered
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Almost clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+/BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

A very happy New Year brothers!

The last of the Discovery Blade Adventure blades went in the Timeless this morning. Based on past performance I should be discovering along for most of January! I have practically only used the Discovery blades throughout November and December. Again, hats off to @Grundi and @Space_Cadet for putting this adventure together and so far it has been a wonderful ride.

I was better in dialing in water and soap for a luxurious lather this morning. MWF performed splendidly and I had the same experience as yesterday: not a full blown BBS, but a BBS post shave feel nonetheless. And LOTH seal of approval for this soap - she liked it very much.

Excellent shave for an excellent start of 2023.

First shave of the year is complete:

Merkur 37C
Super Shave X (2nd use)
Omega 10048
Proraso Red cream
Proraso Red AS

My trusty 48 felt a tad rough after having used badgers almost exclusively for the last few months. To be fair, I don't think I used enough cream so that probably didn't help matters... Nevertheless, I had zero feedback from the aftershave so the Proraso Red cream clearly did its job well 👍

Shave #1 of 365...

Timeless Bronze .38
Gillette Perma-Sharp
Col. Conk 'Bay Rum'
RV Shaving w/ Shavemac D01 2-Band

What a great way to start the day... and the year!
Today's shave was the first use of the razor, blade, and brush. Everybody played well together. The result was a really close and comfortable shave with no nicks, weepers, or irritation. Oh baby!

Be well and stay safe

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
image.jpg
And so begins the New Year, the same way the Old One ended. 2022 was a year of 365 lovely shaves. The tub of Martin de Candre Fougere that has been my stalwart friend for over two years is nearly spent. Since December ends on an odd day and all months begin on an odd day, I used the black handled Kent BKB4 two days in a row. The Personna Lab Blue in the Above the Tie Windsor with mild copper plate was several days old but very comfortable and effective. After a shower, a splash of 4711 was invigorating. Other than alternating with the white handled Kent BK4, the current plan is to continue in this manner through 2023, but this marvelous group has a track record of upending long term plans, doesn't it? A couple of slants have piqued my interest!

I am in

01) Leverspro
02) awk_m4
03) Lasta
04) Dobric
05) Roedeer
06) Guido75
07) never-stop-learning
08) Mike M
09) BigJ
10) CKMaui
11) sm29
12) Trollky
13) Jayson74
14) Canes
15) Tjsgarden
16) MaineYooper
17) vpr
18) Ron R
19) Ruva
20) bjm
21) Shaun asleep
22) SgtCrppls

my first of the year shave was WONDERFUL !

Timeless Ti .68 as will be for some time
OK decided since the blades are still on sale for the Nacet I love and the green 7 I did the Nacet on my right side easy side and green 7 on my tough swirly left side
green is a touch more post comfy the nacet a touch better during so a tie I reckon for now !

NOT in the photo a bit after my Old Spice I did another splash of the wonderful Pinaud Clubman as I do think it can layer up with the Old Spice well enough reasons were why not and just wanted to see if I could feel anything other than the cool of the splash and the evaporating of it as I truly am going for this no burn no tingle feel post shave and yeah 1st shave of the year hope all are so great !

also decided to start out with my #1 soap at this moment (see how this changes this year) and the two mixed together are amazingly nice
face lathered ! not my usual but works OK I prefer the bowl but will play more with this face lathering this year !

IMG_6736.jpeg

this years goal !
go through all my soaps and narrow down my top 2 ? might use up the rest of some and others will move on
same with blades narrow down to the best of the best hope that is just two

and will see about doing some pre shave testing but I do feel a great soap should do it all ! that said the Neutrogena on top of any splash just gives it that perfection so I can see a preshave maybe extending that great soap to be a touch better be it for slickness or for protection and post comfort feel ?

AND
plan to bring in a Kai Kasho Captain at some point this is a for sure !
try a Timeless .95 plate maybe a slime plate ?
Charcoal level 1 and every day
both the Tatara in ADJ and the regular 3pc
but happy with the Timeless for now
and the brushes right now Muhle STF in a huge lead

my end goal just a perfect for me minimal setup !

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I'm in!

01) Leverspro
02) awk_m4
03) Lasta
04) Dobric
05) Roedeer
06) Guido75
07) never-stop-learning
08) Mike M
09) BigJ