What's new

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒

Shave #87 of 365. 278 remaining.
Really getting good shaves from the coppers this week. So smooth. This Stay Traditional soap is fantastic.
Image7906854056850368441.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tuesday March 28th 2023, #87 of 87 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor : Yaqi Zephyr, MFG 2022 proto type> mild range, very well designed for smoothness when shaving. If a person cuts themselves it would be recklessness handling of the blade or terrible technique.
It just delivers a nice shave, great for newbies or seasoned shavers with sensitive skin issues.
Very affordable for folks on a tight budget IMO. Today I tried a Kai SS extra wide blade and it was just about right for myself and still smooth shaving. Even with the Kai SS blade it felt non threatening IMO. Excellent carefree shaving today.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide (2), sharp & smooth with excellent longevity. Always check blade reveal is even on 4 corner post razors always.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine lavender scented with excellent lather qualities. On 3rd tub and it is discontinued.
Brush : Yaqi " Aqua" high mountain 24mm silvertip(3 band) badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. (The high mountain badger I believe is a different species of badger by different face feel and hair color is darker also.)
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Zephyr with a Kai SS blade.

SOTD March 28 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 84 of 87 = 97%
Razor: Shield Polished Ti AC Razor (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (2)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Musk
Fragrance: Belcam G1 EdT Spray
20230327_134643~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12181601

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
87 of 365
IMG_20230328_131031.jpg

Razor: Yaqi Top Aggressive Slant
Blade: Big Ben (12)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band badger
Soap: EJ Limes and Pomegranate

Tonight I thought I'd dig out a razor I haven't used in a very long time, and with good reason, it scares me. It is easily the most aggressive DE razor that I have and it is scarier to use than my Parker shavette. The EJ soap is starting to get difficult to lather, I'm having to lather until my arm gets tired and then lather some more. There is a big hole in the middle of the soap which is obviously causing problems for lathering but I still have no idea how many shaves are left in it.
I was very careful with the Yaqi slant even on my problem area, my neck and that is probably why I only got a DFS+ on the neck, but it was still a good shave and not as scary as I remember.

Tuesday 28th March, shave #87

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid

No need to beat the clock, so had a leisurely near-BBS

I think yesterday's Nivea was their standard shaving cream with 100th anniversary packaging, rather than a one-off formulation. Perfectly good stuff, with a slight time saving over hard soaps, but does not out-perform them.

I think yesterday's Nivea was their standard shaving cream with 100th anniversary packaging, rather than a one-off formulation. Perfectly good stuff, with a slight time saving over hard soaps, but does not out-perform them.
Nivea shaving cream is nice. I like it more than Palmolive cream. It's cheap and performes very well.

29/03/2023
Shave 87/88 of 365
EJ DE89
Nacet
Simpson T3
Tabac
Tabac
Nice, simple, relaxing morning shave

IMG_20230329_064606.jpg

Date29.03.2023
365 days of shaving88/365 (100%)
GRUYERE88/365 (100%)
GRUME March29/31 (100%)
03/12 (100%)
Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC)
29/31 (100%)
01/12

RazorBladeBrush
Green Cult 2.0 IIGillette 365 (9)
Razorock Plissoft 400
SoapPasses
Pre- & Post-shave
Mike’s Barbershop
(3:here)
(2.5: here)
Cold splash
Floïd

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
7.5/10 (DFS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:
The combination was smooth and effective and while the blade gave a very good performance (also given three head shave).

Details can be found in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave!

Shave 88/365
Wednesday March 29, 2023
Brush: Simpson CH2
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal
Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless (1)
IMG_2801.jpg

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

PXL_20230328_232119126.jpg

1954 Gillette flair tip Super Speed with Q Shave blade, D.R. Harris Lavender and Parker Badger Silvertip.

Today's soap and brush combo was pure luxury. The razor received a standing ovation and a DFS+ finale.

For your jazz listening pleasure...
1680101806782.png

Please take care of yourself and each other.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 85 of 88 = 97%
Razor: Shield Polished Ti AC Razor (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (3)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Invasion (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Musk
Fragrance: Belcam G1 EdT Spray
20230327_134643~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12182892

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
88 of 365
IMG_20230329_213718.jpg

Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Big Ben (13)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: RR Emperor

Tonight Emperor and the T3 provided the lather. Normally I wouldn't bother trying to bloom a RR soap as I tend to get a good enough lather without it, but I just put a few drops of water on the soap and when I went to lather it the puck just exploded with lather. It was much better than without blooming, so much so that I don't think I can go back to lathering RR without it. The shave came once again from the Lupo/Big Ben pairing that has been so successful. After 3 comfortable passes I ended up with a DFS, but I'm happy enough with that.

Wednesday 29th March, shave #88

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Nivea Men Shaving Creme
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #8
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Proraso Balm

It got late again, so had a quick but effective DFS. Got a better lather out of the Nivea Creme this time.

Nivea shaving cream is nice. I like it more than Palmolive cream. It's cheap and performes very well.

I've not tried Palmolive cream, but I think the Nivea performance is better than the (now extinct) Palmolive sticks. The best thing about them is the scent.

Still daily still comparing my blades
still overwhelmed with lifes corners ! Hahahahah

did have to get and replace my kitchen faucet as that went out was a nice moen unit about 10 yrs old the handle fell off !!!! But I did not have the ORIGINAL receipt so no warranty !!! Argghhhh they always scape out of stuff like that
but found a nice looking kohler unit on sale at costco
now I have to still replace the valve units as they are also a mess with our hard water here in AZ where I am now But that will come later

Top Bottom