...but this one IS cracked.
84 of 365
SV Saturday

IMG_20230325_150840.jpg

Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Big Ben (9)
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra
Soap: SV Desert Vetiver

Tonight for SV Saturday Desert Vetiver popped up for a turn lathered with the Evil Zebra, an excellent combination. Let's face it though any lather that involves SV is going to be great. For some reason tonight I needed to add more water a couple of times before I had the right consistency for the lather. The Lupo made the Big Ben blade work well, but only to the extent of giving me a near BBS finish not that that was anything to complain about

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (13)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Fragrance: Belcam G2bu EdT Spray
20230323_150239~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12178080

RazorBladeBrush
Green Cult 2 level IIGillette 365 (5)
Omega Super Badger
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Exfoliation)
EffectivenessComfort
9.5/10 (BBS+)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Every part of the gear was just performing at its best today for the perfect Sunday shave!

Further details can be found in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sunday, March 26th, 2023, # 85 of 85 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor : Yaqi Zephyr with a Yaqi SS dimpled 316 SS handle, Mfg 2023> mild range, excellent design for clamping, smooth as silk roaming over the face, great daily shaver for folks who has sensitive skin issues. One of the smoothest razors I have ever used, very hard to cut yourself, good buffing razor IMO. I bought mine of the trending sale 3 weeks ago. Testing for first shave and it is like others have mentioned already, a excellent mild razor. The razor is accurately injection molded when shaving with both sides shaving evenly + a excellent finish with excellent QC IMO. I will have to try a Kai SS blade extra wide some time this week. Very affordable good razor if a person likes a mild razor with a standard blade IMO, a Kai SS blade extra wide will give it a boost I'm thinking for folks who like a little more blade feel (I will try the Kai SS extra wide blade a try on Tuesday).
Blade : Gillette silver blue (3) sharp & smoooth with reasonble longevity.
Soap : Razorock American barber, sharp linear unique scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Ferrari" bleached boar bristle brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles, nice gentle splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
excellent shave with my new Yaqi Zephyr razor with a GSB blade.
SOTD March 26 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 82 of 85 = 96%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (14)
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion Green 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal
20230326_115546~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12179199

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
85 of 365
IMG_20230319_125856.jpg

Razor: RR Lupo 95
Blade: Big Ben (10)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band badger
Soap: EJ Limes and Pomegranate

Tonight the EJ was back, I lathered it for a while, seemingly with no effect, when I looked at my brush it looked as though there was no soap on it at all. That was when I started a vigorous lather once my arm got tired I had a look and found the beginning of a lather. I gave myself a minute and started again finally getting enough soap to lather my face by the end though it felt like the brush was out of lather so after the first pass I had to re-load for the second pass. I found myself reloading for the third pass too. At least I ended up with a DFS, but I hope the remaining shaves with this soap aren't as difficult to lather. On the bright side it's MDC Monday tomorrow.

Life is hectic as we all know :)
my morning is my ahhhhh moment before the whirlwind
still daily have to catch up reading but wanted to check in

1F06905B-8FFB-4932-BCB7-A0AB39810FBC.jpeg

My blade comparison I knew the Wilkinson were good but surprised about the astra stainless and both are delivering the perfect post
great comfort during also I go back & forth I though the astra was nicer yesterday but today the Wilkinson might have been nicer ?
and have to say its going to be tough to pick that top 1 or 2 in the end ! With my other nacet and green 7
OR I might just buy 100 of my top 4 and just enjoy for a while ? Not sure yet

the astra at about $8 vs the wilkinson at about $18 is the thing that might let the astra win unless the wilkinson can deliver 2x the shaves ? But that is if it makes it that far

anyway tomorrow going to keep shaving with these two

Sunday 26th March, shave #85

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Had plenty of time, so got a relaxing near-BBS. Almost finished the 2-in-1, but have 5 spares in the cupboard.

Top Bottom