What's new

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 73 of 76 = 96%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (5)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pinaud Clubman
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20230317_144507~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12168168

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
76 of 365

IMG_20230317_213651.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rose gold
Blade: Big Ben (1)
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3
Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

Tonight I decided to try a new blade to me, Big Ben. As with all new blades these days I loaded it into the R89, as it is the most forgiving of razors, for the first shave. I wasn't expecting much from it as with many less famous blades, but I can't help looking for a better blade, for some reason, I suppose that is why I have nearly 60 different blades. SDM provided the lather, it's green and kind of Irish being a Green Irish Tweed clone in keeping with the Patrick's Day theme, with the T3. The result wasn't quite a BBS but at least it was comfortable and smooth.

Date18.03.2023
365 days of shaving77/365 (100%)
GRUYERE77/365 (100%)
GRUME March18/31 (100%)
03/12 (100%)
Soap of the Month Club (SOTMC)
18/31 (100%)
01/12 (83%)

RazorBladeBrush
Gillette NEW Long CombLa Fayette (1)Simpson T3
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
6/10 (CCS)9/10 (buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

The blade is smooth and comfortable and very mild. So mild perhaps that it is less effective in my beard. A smooth result after a three pass shave, but not BBS levels at all. I don’t know if it’s a one and done blade, but I wouldn’t be surprised.

Further details on today’s shave and more can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Last edited:
SV/Semogue Saturday
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE & 365 Shaves

PXL_20230318_034759028.jpeg

Timeless Ti .68 with Muhle Rasurkultur (18), SV Manna Di Sicilia and Semogue SOC

Again, another good quartet to start the weekend. I really like the light weight of the Timeless razor. It was a DFS+ way to start the weekend.

Here is some good music I listened to last night-
1679147147810.png

Please take care of yourself and each other.

77 of 77
  • Blackland Ti Blackbird with Astra SS blade
  • MdC Rose lathered in a Mugseco lather bowl with a Rudy Vey Rubberset type Manchurian
  • Finished with Dickenson’s WH and Fine American Blend
An excellent shave. I don’t use the Astra SS blade often but really enjoyed the four shaves with it. I definitely prefer the SS to the SP.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
77 of 365
SV Saturday

IMG_20230318_153117.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Big Ben (2)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary

Tonight for SV Saturday 70th Anniversary was up and I decided to lather it with the Kosmo, easily my favourite lathering combination, though MdC comes a very close second. Because it was Saturday and I felt like a treat I decided on the Rocca to combine with the Big Ben blade on its second use. The lather was excellent and the shave was an absolute dream, the Big Ben is performing better than I thought and the more aggressive Rocca gave a closer shave than the R89 last night and I ended up with a BBS with no need for any touch-up passes.

Saturday 18th March, shave #77

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Got a fine bowl-lather from the SV, and plenty of time to use it. Had an excellent near-BBS shave.

Top Bottom