What's new

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒

I have mainly been using the Nacet as my main fav and the Gillette Green 7 O’Clock as my 2nd fav
Nacets were my first "favorite" blade.
True story...when I bought the Feather DX razor from a fellow B&Ber he sent me a 5 pack of Gillette 7 O'Clocks gratis. It was a pleasant surprise from @Kealon7. I 'll have to try them at the end of OBIF challenge.
Right now, I'm getting used to the Feather Artist Club Pro blade and wondering if it will last the month of February.

Shave #38

Parker Adjustable
Schick (13)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Stirling Baker Street
Duke Cannon Balm
Bootleggers El Dorado

Good DFS shave today.

9188987C-1C57-483F-B70D-2B72D4C42F3D.jpeg

Nacets were my first "favorite" blade.
True story...when I bought the Feather DX razor from a fellow B&Ber he sent me a 5 pack of Gillette 7 O'Clocks gratis. It was a pleasant surprise from @Kealon7. I 'll have to try them at the end of OBIF challenge.
Right now, I'm getting used to the Feather Artist Club Pro blade and wondering if it will last the month of February.
Which color was the 7 O’Clock blades if ya remember
I have the yellow box I should test soon the black I just did and was good but they are more $ than some others that are about the same

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
38 of 365
One Blade in February Challenge

IMG_20230202_114437~2.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Personna Med-Prep(7)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band badger
Soap: EJ Limes and Pomegranate

Tonight the EJ was back in an attempt to increase the size of the hole in it. My first attempt at loading was a little watery so once again I had to return to the puck to get a good lather. It is hard to guage whether or not you have enough soap to make a good lather, although it may look like enough when you are loading that is not always the case when it reaches your face. I also find the lather for the final pass is not thick enough and I need a quick reload to make it acceptable.
The result tonight though, for all my fussing with the soap ended in a near BBS so it was a good result in the end.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 38 of 38 = 100%
Razor: Timeless Ti Slim SB (Timeless Crown TRH8 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (5)
Brush: @apshaveco Lemon Drop (AP Shave Co 24mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Tub Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20230207_104254~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12120794

Last edited:
Nacet is also my favourite blade, and second best is 7'Oclock Green Permasharp Stainless (Indian, if I'm not mistaken)
Gillette Permasharp is IMO same as Nacet, I felt no difference

Shave 39/39 of 365
EJ3One6
Gillette 7O'clock Yellow (3)
Simpson T3
TOBS Pepermint
Nivea 2in1 AS
TOBS loves water, lather just keep on growing and growing, but stays dense.
Shave was good, 2½ passes BBS, no nicks or iritation, but blade still feels rough.
IMG_20230205_172635.jpg

Tuesday 7th February, shave #38

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #8
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Final day of SV70 week. Time got a bit short, so I had an autopilot shave plus tidy-ups, for a respectable DFS.

I'll probably use a Beta 4.3 SV next, and keep the other variables about the same.

I am going to start shaving in the evening for a while.

I started to shave in the evening while I was still working. The invention of the "safety" razor was a good one ✓, but even after that, you know exactly where you are heading with "shave" plus "beat the clock" in the same sentence.

The Mach 3 was allegedly designed to provide an out-of-the-box autopilot-like experience, and fair play to them.

It's a reasonably idiot-proof shave, but it's amazing what a zombie with 4½ hours sleep, a mild hangover and a deadline can do to his face with that "mild" little thing.

Date08.02.2023
365 days of shaving39/365 (100%)
GRUYERE39/365 (100%)
GRUME February08/28 (100%)
Other participations
  • Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
  • Discovery Blade Adventure
  • One Blade in February (OBiF)

Passes2.5
XWTGCheeks: N-S
Neck: N-S
WXTGCheeks L: W-E
Cheeks R: E-W
Neck: S-N
XATGCheeks: S-N

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95SCLTiger Platinum (2)DVH Synthetic
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashDutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash

EfficiencyQuality
8/10 (~29 minutes)10/10 (clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+)8/10 (smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

A second run of the Ti95SCL with the Tiger. And again a very nice and enjoyable shave. No irritations, weepers or similar mishaps.

Further details can be found in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Today for the blade comparison
955e791b-bfa4-4c5e-8645-e1addd863a2f-jpeg.1602838

more alike than different but this is also another one I had not used before in the 43 blades or whatever I had tried before and worth using more and seeing what happens with more testing

todays Cream was the Captains Choice Eucalyptus sample I received and was quite nice has a unique feeling or cooling effect it seemed ? Not a fan of menthol but this is from their site

Unique for its camphor-like and lemony notes, eucalyptus is native to Southeastern Australia. The uplifting scent blended with a dash of spearmint will stimulate the senses for an uplifting experience.

So yeah spot on desc I reckon and had this nice feel scent sensation that I had no clue was going to happen

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
39 of 365
IMG_20230203_123824.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Personna Med-Prep(8)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: ZM Explorer

Tonight Explorer provided the lather along with the Kosmo, another favourite lathering combination. Loved lathering up because the scent and performance is just incredible, it's one of my favourite soaps. I didn't think artisan offerings were this good before I tried ZM, but I have decided to take a look at Moon Soaps this year.
The result was a near BBS, but I didn't try a touch-up pass

Top Bottom