What's new

🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 36 of 36 = 100%
Razor: @Above The Tie Mixed Metal CM1 (Stainless Cap, Copper Base, Titanium Handle)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Tub Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20230205_120121~5.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12118324

Sunday 5th February, shave #36

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm, Hyaluronic Acid

Continuing with SV70, I had plenty of time, so had a relaxing near-BBS.

I was wondering, what does it smell like?
Is it fruity, or flowers, or wood,...?

Floral, with a bit of greenery? ... bright, but a fairly weak scent.

I see SV's mildly-scented soaps as a deliberate plan — and if you particularly like any of their soaps, you can always buy their more concentrated after-shaves, which I haven't done yet.

Having smelled some pure vetiver oil ten years ago, I'd probably like their vetiver one more than (say) Cubebe, but shaving with that is not a penance.

Last edited:
Date06.02.2023
365 days of shaving37/365 (100%)
GRUYERE37/365 (100%)
GRUME February06/28 (100%)
Other participations
  • Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
  • Discovery Blade Adventure
  • One Blade in February (OBiF)

Passes3 and touch ups
XWTGCheeks: N-S
Neck: N-S
WXTGCheeks L: W-E
Cheeks R: E-W
Neck: S-N
XATGCheeks: S-N

RazorBladeBrush
Mühle R41Tiger Platinum (6)Omega Roma Capitolina
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashDutchy Bergamot
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash

EfficiencyQuality
7/10 (~25 minutes)10/10 (clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
4.5/10 (CCS-)7/10 (comfortable-ish)

Notes to today’s shave:

Perhaps against better judgment, but the Tiger got paired today with the R41 for a sixth (and during the shaving apparent) and final run. The R41 tamed the Tiger into performance, but the previous 5 shaves already took the edge off the blade and its performance was sub standard for me. It got the job done, but by the time I did the third pass I had the idea that no matter how much 0strokes and buffing I would do, stubble would remain. So the end result was a mere SAS on the neck and chin, and CCS- on cheeks and upper lip. Still - no weepers, cuts or nicks and it was even more comfortable in the R41 as opposed to the Flatboy. I think I will use OBiF to experiment which razors work best with this razor. I already have a good handle on the vintage Gillettes (who all make the Tiger perform, with the NEW Improved and NEW Flat Bottom delivering BBS shaves) and for February and SWS I have selected a number of razors that have never met the Tiger yet, including my beloved Ti95.

Enjoy your shave today!

Floral, with a bit of greenery? ... bright, but a fairly weak scent.

I see SV's mildly-scented soaps as a deliberate plan — and if you particularly like any of their soaps, you can always buy their more concentrated after-shaves, which I haven't done yet.

Having smelled some pure vetiver oil ten years ago, I'd probably like their vetiver one more than (say) Cubebe, but shaving with that is not a penance.
Thank you for the info
Flowers, grass, bright, sounds good
If you can find it anywhere get a sniff of Clinique Happy for Men, it smells exactly like that
Will do, thnx

Well same basic setup as usual Timeless Ti .68 SB
the rest ya can see
the blade left side the Treet ultra sharp the right (easy) was the green 7
I do think the Treet was better during shave sharper cleaner feeling and post was about equal both had a touch more tingle with the AS hitting the face but very close and did a bit more clean up to push them more than I normally want to just to see
so yeah the Treet Ultra Sharp is very good and will go forward in one to do a bit more deeper dive with especially for the fact I see them around the $7-8 range for 100

1c3900ee-ad5a-4036-9620-6788831e31a7-jpeg.1599647

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 37 of 37 = 100%
Razor: Frankenrazor - Mühle R41/SLOC Rosegold
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (4)
Brush: @Rudy Vey B&B 2022 Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood Tub Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Volatile EdT Spray
20230206_114218~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12119284

Top Bottom