🪒🗓️365 Shaves 2023🗓️🪒

BC1BEB4F-78DB-4EBB-9EA0-41B9F0F0E316.jpeg

Lambda Athena // Polsilver SS // Simpson CH2 // Declaration Grooming

💯 😎

Crown & sword straight
Proraso green pre shave
Stirling dunshire soap, splash and balm

Hmmmm, straight razors 🤤
I've been hovering the buy button on lots of new stuff. Soaps, straights.... But I know I shouldn't, so I haven't. Time will tell if resistance was futile...

Timeless Ti .68 SB

well the Nacet did much better on the cutting sharp during the shave feel vs the Astra Stainless and the end post was about the same so will pick another blade tomorrow and keep the comparison going :)

The CC Cream again best post comfort so far :)
this combo of the bay rum and lime is nice :)

did decide to use the CeraVe face wash post to see how that does :) not sure if it made a difference but is so nice mild did not hurt !
plan on testing it out more though when I get to that point of less changed in my shave (like after the blade and soap comparison)

1C3900EE-AD5A-4036-9620-6788831E31A7.jpeg

glad you got that razor and loving it :) I was so close to getting it but again so much on my plate :) and do reckon going to start with the Kai (mentioned before my boys name is Kai more the Hawaiian version than the Japanese but they share the same origins in a sense)

so curious what you think now compared to DE ?
I know the honeymoon fun is still in effect
but
Will be a fun thing to do but DE will still be my #1 ?
Its going to become my main shaving tool and DE will be #2 ?
Or both are great and more different than one being better so just having fun with both ?

I know this is personal thought so just curious
till I get one I need to live through someone using these ! Hahahah
I am a couple days late reading this thread.

Getting the Feather DX was one of my best shaving decisions of all time!

I am still on the honeymoon with the razor. It is a new and very enjoyable skill set to learn.
I totally recommend the Artist Club straights over the shavettes that use half DE blades.
From what I've read, the DX model is closer to the experience of using a traditional straight than the Feather SS model. The Kai is in between the two-again from what I've read. It is a perfect choice for me because I am not interested (for now!) in the stropping , honing and maintenance of other straight razors.
For now, it is my primary razor because it is enjoyable and I want to improve the skills of using it.
Just my 2 cents.

STILL IN!

PXL_20230202_191839140b.jpg

GRUME, GROYERE, SWS, 365 Shaves, Fruity February and OBIF

Feather DX
Feather AC Pro (3)
Castle Forbes Lime
Simpson Trafalgar T3

ORANGE you interested in the fruity soap I'll choose tomorrow for the SWS?

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Shave #34

Razor: Schick Type G
Blade: Schick (4)
Brush: Yaqi synthetic
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Lather: Stirling Baker Street
Aftershave: Bootlegger’s Eldorado

A smooth DFS shave. I find myself enjoying single edge razors. For the time being anyway. One day I’m sure I’ll become enamored with DEs.

F7FE295F-6D77-40B1-A022-C2CD8C0D27B3.jpeg

I am a couple days late reading this thread.

Getting the Feather DX was one of my best shaving decisions of all time!

I am still on the honeymoon with the razor. It is a new and very enjoyable skill set to learn.
I totally recommend the Artist Club straights over the shavettes that use half DE blades.
From what I've read, the DX model is closer to the experience of using a traditional straight than the Feather SS model. The Kai is in between the two-again from what I've read. It is a perfect choice for me because I am not interested (for now!) in the stropping , honing and maintenance of other straight razors.
For now, it is my primary razor because it is enjoyable and I want to improve the skills of using it.
Just my 2 cents.
Yeah heard that about the Kai
if I truly love the thing reckon I might try the feather razors also just to know which one and same with blades :)
ditto big time about the maintenance of a regular straight ! Never say never but at this point NO WAY do I want to do much of anything other than stick a blade in and enjoy the other parts the lather the post to me doing maint on a blade would take that away :)

fun to hear you are enjoying it so much

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 34 of 34 = 100%
Razor: Joris Classic - Thujawood and Palladium
Blade: German Bolzano (2)
Brush: Omega EVO
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Pre de Provance No 63
Aftershave: Lustray Draggon (decanted in an old Stetson bottle)
Fragrance: Classic Match Noir
20230203_121501~2.jpg

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12115476

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
34 of 365
One Blade in February Challenge

IMG_20230203_123824.jpg

Razor: Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Personna Med-Prep(3)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: ZM Explorer

Tonight after a hard week I decided on an Explorer shave lathered with my favourite face lathering brush, the Kosmo. Everything about this combination just screams quality shave, throw in the R89 and Med-Prep and it has to be a great result. Between the slickness of the Explorer and the smoothness of the R89 this was a wonderful experience though to get the BBS I did have to do an extra pass on my neck but it was so enjoyable I didn't mind.

Friday 3rd February, shave #34

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #4
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Continuing with SV70 (Beta 4.1 edition), had an autopilot shave plus tidy-ups, for a DFS.

Nivea 2-in-1 getting low, but I have 5 more 100ml bottles stashed in the cupboard...

Date04.02.2023
365 days of shaving35/365 (100%)
GRUYERE35/365 (100%)
GRUME February04/28 (100%)
Other participations
  • Shave of the Week Society (SWS)
  • Discovery Blade Adventure
  • One Blade in February (OBiF)

Passes2
XWTGCheeks: N-S
Neck: N-S
WXTGCheeks L: W-E
Cheeks R: E-W
Neck: S-N
XATGCheeks: S-N

RazorBladeBrush
Razorine FlatboyTiger Platinum (4)Kox Blue Synthetic
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashAreffa Phantom of Kyiv
Hybrid lathering
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

EfficiencyQuality
7/10 (~25 minutes)10/10 (clean as a whistle)
EffectivenessComfort
6.5/10 (DFS-)7/10 (comfortable-ish)

Notes to today’s shave:

Rotated back to my original setting for SWS with the Flatboy and a Tiger on its fourth shave. I paired the razor with the handle from my new Green Cult and I believe they work very nice together.

The star of this shave is without a doubt the first time use of this Areffa soap. This is an amazing soap
:001_wub:
. I have never felt anything softer and slicker on my skin. Almost like applying whipped cream. Super glide and cushioning.

More details on today’s shave are in my journal here.

Enjoy your shave today!

Shave 35/365
The Fatboy on Setting seven was the highest setting I've used for a complete multipass haead and face shave. I took it nice and slow. Very happy with the results although a little more alum burn than I'm used to.

Saturday February 4, 2023
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Razor: Gillette 195 E3
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)

IMG_2296.jpg

Top Bottom