Blade: Blu Strike vintage (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Yaqi 20mm synthetic
Soap: Stirling Piacenza
Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza

IMG_2266.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 27th 2023, # 147 of 147 consecutive daily shaves.

Razor : TARMax by Tom White @twhite- Mfg 2021, 1 of 4 proto types, interesting design and very hard to machine top cap out of aluminum IMO. This razor amazes me for smoothness and efficentcy and handles well. I use a modified Micromatic handle for my Tarmax razor head when using it for very enjoyable handling and it is modified to tighten head on settings so not to move at all in use. Had a close comfortable shave this morning with no issues.
Blade : Personna red(1) sharp & smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Sagrada Familia" 22mm 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent splay scrubber + great lather painter. This little brush is amazing to use + face feel top notch is excellent. Handle is small so that would be the only draw back I can think of.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my DE Tarmax with a Personna Red. One of the most comfortable razors I have used, top cap needs to be handled with care because of thinness!
SOTD May 27 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Saturday 27th May, shave #147

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #8
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Hyaluron

Stayed with SV70, for another comfortable near-BBS.

I'm getting a Twig to experiment with, so that should provide a bit of razor novelty.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230527_173520.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#147 of 365 (100%)
SV Saturday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Astra (5)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
A/S: Clinique Happy for Men
Moisturizer: Nivea Hyaluron

Tonight for SV Saturday i really wanted to bring out the 70th Anniversary so I did with the Kosmo to lather. Loaded the Astra in the Rocca to see how it fared compared to the Lupo. The shave was an absolute triumph, comfortable and close enough to leave me with a BBS the Rocca showed why it is still the king of the den for me. Topped it all off with spritz of Happy for Men for one of the best shaves I've had in a while.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 145 of 147 = 98.6%
Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (9)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20230526_135352~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12258660

Date27.05.2023
365 daily shaves / GRUYERE147/365 (100%)
147/363 (99%)
GRUME May / Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC)
27/29 (94%)
27/31 (100%)
Modern May22/31
(84%)

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda Athena
001_wub.gif

Gillette Black (19)Zenith 502B XSE
001_wub.gif
SoapPasses
Pre- & Post-shave
Haslinger
Sandelholz
WTG
XTG
ATG
1. Cold splash
2. KCG Face Wash
3. Proraso Green preshave

4. Cold splash
5. Aftershave
6. Balm

Efficiency
(details here)
Quality
8/10 (~20 m)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to these shaves:

Another top tier shave with the Athena. Maybe faintly less than yesterday, but there was also less stubble to deal with than yesterday. The blade continues to perform so I will grant its 20 shave as well and we’ll see what tomorrow brings after that.

For extended notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2023: 146 of 148 = 98.6%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (10 and retired)
Brush: @Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Chiseled Face Sherlock
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
20230528_112908~2.jpg

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12259471

Mike M

IMG_20230528_144449.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#148 of 365 (100%)

Razor:
Muhle R89 Rosegold
Blade: Astra (6)
Brush: Trafalgar T3
Soap: SV Moon Soaps Sorrento
A/S: Old Spice

Tonight I decided on a change of razor to the R89 as I haven't used it in a while. In the spirit of things I haven't used in a while I also broke out the Sorrento. It is a good soap but the scent whilst citrusy has an odd off note at the back of it I thought it was a bit like a fart, though one of my sons thinks it smells like paint drying my only real complaint is the scent.
The R89 is a mild razor and so very comfortable to use, though not nearly as efficient as the Rocca. I still got a near BBS only slightly worse than the Lupo.

Mike M

IMG_20230515_124605.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
#149 of 365 (100%)
Muhle Monday
MdC Monday

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (13)
Brush: Muhle Kosmo STF
Soap: MdC Original(51)
A/S: CKbe

Tonight for Muhle Monday and MdC Monday I used my usual setup, it just gives a great shave even on the 13th use of the BIC blade it just works. MDC never disappoints, especially when lathered with the Kosmo which only seems to require the merest hint of soap to create enough lather for a 5 pass shave.
As usual though the Rocca takes it all in it's stride producing a near BBS finish with no fuss or drama, but more importantly no effort.

Top Bottom