Shave 365/365
Sunday December 31, 2023
Brush: Semogue SOC Mistura
Lather: Tabac
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Blade: Feather

IMG_6145.jpg

This year has been productive
I got a couple of new razors, and a few brushes.
I managed to find what creams /soaps I love, and rest has been used up. I still have a couple of them to go, but total number heas gone down. Same with blades (nuber of different blades has gone down, quantuty of good blades is steady on the rise)

31/12/2023
Total score for this years is
Shave 361/365 = 98.9041096% and I'm happy with the result, it's a good score
EJ 3One6
Nacet (7)
Simpson T3
TOBS Royal Forest
Dior Sauvage AS
View attachment 1772592
This is my favourite combination, it just works, it's smooth, it smells nice

Have a nice New Year party 🎉
Between my bottle of Royal Forest bath/shower gel (which smells lovely) and your recent photos - I am very tempted to pick up the cream...!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave, December 31 2023, Well another year has gone by, #365, 365/365 consecutive daily shaves. I think I joined these yearly threads over 3 years ago and have not missed a daily shave = 1095 consecutive daily shaves!

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm AC blade with a Yaqi Milano SSP handle. Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Simple blade clamping system, small head parts, ( I work over a wash cloth to assemble & disassemble blade to head parts for easier use.) This little razor works very well with a Schick proline blade. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline p 30 (5) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Cyril R Salter Wildrose cream. Nice rose scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, Gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur with a Schick proline blade.
SOTD December 31 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave #365 of 365 in 2023.
I take a moment to be thankful reflecting on all the blessings in life represented by the simple joy of shaving daily for a year without interruption from sickness, accidents, calamities and more.
Thanks to those who tag along and share your experiences with others, some of you for several consecutive years.
See you next year as we get used to using the number 366 daily.
Imagepipe_0.jpg

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20231224_152207.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#365 of 365 last one(100%)

Razor:
Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: Gillette Sharpedge(16)
Brush: Yaqi Moka-Express 2 band
Soap: EJ Sandalwood
A/S: Proraso Green
Post Shave: Proraso Green Balm, Nivea Hyaluron Gel

For some reason I had got behind with my countdown but tonight was the last shave of 2023. I decided to go with a final 3017 shave with my EJ Sandalwood. The puck is starting to get a bit thin now and it shouldn't be too much longer before the hole is large enough the soap breaks up into beans. The Sharpedge blade gave me a bit of irritation tonight so I decided to bin it after the shave and despite trying hard I still got a worse result than last night. I will have a fresh start tomorrow

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20231231
🥳 🎉 New Year's Eve 🎉 🥳
365 Shaves in 2023: 365 of 365 = 100% :thumbup:
20231230_212509~2.jpg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor 2022L (Setting = IV)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (7 and retired)

20231230_212710~2.jpg

Brush: Wald A1 Nimbus Bloodline Synthetic Fan
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Tallow + Steel Hokkaido
Aftershave: Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Superb shave!

My Journal

Sunday 31st December, shave #365, complete ✓

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #8
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Back to MWF, with a dash of glycerine. I was too lazy to change the blade, but it worked acceptably on shave 8, getting me a comfortable near-BBS.

I think I joined these yearly threads over 3 years ago and have not missed a daily shave = 1095 consecutive daily shaves!
:thumbup:

I was lucky enough to complete 2021 and 2022 as well, so also have 1095 in a row!

Happy New Year everyone, and I hope to see some of you over on next year's 366 thread.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I shaved every day in 2023, just as in years. Past and as hoped for for years to come. I started the puck of Martin de Candre Vetyver Christmas 2022 and still have a good bit left after three latherings every single day. Anyone want to discuss the MdC value proposition?
IMG_0915.jpeg

I shaved every day in 2023, just as in years. Past and as hoped for for years to come. I started the puck of Martin de Candre Vetyver Christmas 2022 and still have a good bit left after three latherings every single day. Anyone want to discuss the MdC value proposition? View attachment 1773472
Thanks for popping in! Very glad to hear that your life has been clear for another year of daily shaves. Yes, those MdC volcano bowls look amazing. I regret not picking one up in Rose while they were available. I'm close to finishing a tub of MdC that I've had at least three years. Not daily, or even weekly use by me, but it's my wife's fav soap as well.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Thanks for popping in! Very glad to hear that your life has been clear for another year of daily shaves. Yes, those MdC volcano bowls look amazing. I regret not picking one up in Rose while they were available. I'm close to finishing a tub of MdC that I've had at least three years. Not daily, or even weekly use by me, but it's my wife's fav soap as well.
I have very much enjoyed the Vetyver as well as the Fougere and Agrumes that preceded it. The untapped wooden bowl is the original scent. It smells great. Maybe rose is next.

I shaved every day in 2023, just as in years. Past and as hoped for for years to come. I started the puck of Martin de Candre Vetyver Christmas 2022 and still have a good bit left after three latherings every single day. Anyone want to discuss the MdC value proposition? View attachment 1773472
Rose for me. 335 three pass shaves so far with the level below the rim now from my Brain bowl. $65 or so for what will exceed 365 shaves and possibly exceed 400 shaves and a superior product is a good value proposition in my eyes.

Top Bottom