What's new

34C head

I knew it would have to be swapped eventually, but it happened a little earlier than I thought. I don’t know how or where I bumped the edge, but it’s irritating. I ordered a replacement head a while ago, thinking I would have to swap it when the threads let go. Anyway, it’s all good now! A6C4564E-A5CA-4851-8900-21F6E0CB0BB4.jpeg565B9238-70C2-4951-BC1F-62F2925D59C7.jpeg88A2CE0F-4A0F-48D8-A41E-EBBD08FB140D.jpeg

It is a good razor so worth keeping it going; should get at least another 5 years out of it. There is no ferrous metal in the cap so I don't understand the brown staining.

Yeah, I wasn’t concerned about the rust, or even the flaking of the plating at the base of the threaded rod where it meets the underside of the head. That little nick in the plating at the edge of the head was catching my skin. If I have to swap the head once a decade, no sweat!

That is pretty annoying. It's probably from cleaning the razor and you bumped it onto the sink, etcs. Hope it doesn't happen again!

I’d pay for that. Actually, this is a common head, fitting many razors. Is there a more durable option out there?

I just got a .84 GC. The GC has some of the characteristics of the 34C but is made of stainless. Have you considered getting a .68 GC for about 18 USD more than a 34C? My guess is you would not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a .84 GC. The GC has some of the characteristics of the 34C but is made of stainless. Have you considered getting a .68 GC for about 18 USD more than a 34C? My guess is you would not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have not, but it sounds like a great option! Thanks. I wonder if I could find just a head for the 34C with more durable materials and construction.

ADD: That is a beautiful razor!

Last edited:
Top Bottom