What's new

33 blades in 3 years shaving daily.

I use 4 blades per year, I change every quarter. I usually shave 3-4 times a week but I toss the blade at the end of the quarter no matter how good it’s still shaving, hey blades are cheap.

I use 4 blades per year, I change every quarter. I usually shave 3-4 times a week but I toss the blade at the end of the quarter no matter how good it’s still shaving, hey blades are cheap.

Well done! I usually change blades once a week, but stainless steel blades can stay sharp a lot longer than most people realize. On the other hand, blades are also a lot cheaper than most people realize.

Well done! I usually change blades once a week, but stainless steel blades can stay sharp a lot longer than most people realize. On the other hand, blades are also a lot cheaper than most people realize.
I think the same. Nowadays, I exchange the blades because aí want, don’t because I need. One stainless blade can be use for 10 shaves easy. On the other hand, since I a member PIF me a sample pack, I realize that a new brand can dramatically change the feel of a razor, so it’s so fun change blades.

I get 4 weeks of daily 4 pass shaves per blade. I use one side per week then flip the blade over and repeat. I then take that blade out and put it in another razor to shave the back of my neck doing the same process again when I take my shower.

Hard to imagine. I remember when Wilkinson Stainless blades were introduced (early sixties?) promising that one didn't have to use a new blade for every shave. Now, using GSB blades, I feel a tug after one shave. After three shaves, It's usually done and out for me. After 30 shaves, dob't the blades become completely dull? What's the secret?

I found using soft water in a small bowl to swish my razor allows the blade to decline gradually.

My tap water is very hard and the carbonate build-up makes the blade feel full and rough from the second shave whereas with water from my reverse osmosis machine, the blade gives a full week of use with a very gradual decline in sharpness, and smoothness is retained fully due to zero carbonate build-up on the cutting edge.

Some people have a skin of brick :biggrin:

Brick-Wall-Tattoo-Meaning-24.jpg

Top Bottom