What's new

$32 Empire set in silver

Hi,

With a big Thankyou to Johnmrson the razor is now in my hands!

Overall it's in pretty good condition given it's age, but there are a few less than straight teeth, and the top cap has been dropped on each corner, curling it under. This would make it impossible to get the proper blade gap!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I have a cap from an old type I could use as a donor, it's nickel plated, so wont look too out of place.

The interior of the case is well worn, the felt being worn through in a couple of places exposing the metal divider from the sections. This might make a suitable restoration project, and be a "user". I dont see it being of much interest to a collector in it's current condition.

Very happy still though, for the price I paid I cannot complain!

The blade case.. does it have the ridges on the bottom for striking matches? I bought a floral ABC on the B/S/T thread and I know the blade box isn't part of the set. Mine is smaller, doesn't fit in the blade box impression of the case and is smooth all over, no logo or writing. So I'm trying to find one that goes with the set.

The blade case.. does it have the ridges on the bottom for striking matches? I bought a floral ABC on the B/S/T thread and I know the blade box isn't part of the set. Mine is smaller, doesn't fit in the blade box impression of the case and is smooth all over, no logo or writing. So I'm trying to find one that goes with the set.

Yes, it does.

I saw one on ebay the other day the same, was about 2usd. If I can find it i'll pm you the link

Congrats on a beautiful set! And they really are great shavers. I also find them to shave better than an Old Type or a Single Ring. I'm not sure what exactly the difference is because they have the same heads. I think the balance of the ABC razors are just a little different. Whatever the case, I agree that they are great shavers. Again, congrats on an excellent find!

Congrats on a beautiful set! And they really are great shavers. I also find them to shave better than an Old Type or a Single Ring. I'm not sure what exactly the difference is because they have the same heads. I think the balance of the ABC razors are just a little different. Whatever the case, I agree that they are great shavers. Again, congrats on an excellent find!

Yep, second shave with it this morning. I dont understand why, but it gives me as good if not better shave than my old types!

Still looking for a shaver grade one for my rotation. they dont appear to come up often on the bay... Especially given I dont want cased!

Top Bottom