What's new

310 straight razors left to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have my sympathy. That's a tough part of life to go through.

As for the razors, if you learn to shave with them (assuming you don't use Straights currently), you could have a great memory of your dad every time you shave.

Sympathy sent your way. I lost my dad in February of 2021. It doesn't get easier.from what I can see. On a lighter note, it's awesome that you have his SR collection. Looking fwd to the pictures...

We want good pictures in focus.

The overall appearance of the razors
plus the tang stamps
and whatever else writing is on the blade and scales will help identify the types.
Sometimes boxes help, but those are frequently mismatched to the razors.

If he never disposed of the ones he didn't like so much,
and if he acquired them one at a time,
I would expect some of them to be of much better quality than the others.

If he did dispose of the ones he didn't like so much,
then I would expect a lot of very good razors.

If he acquired them in lots without careful inspection,
the I would expect random to low quality.

First, welcome to Badger & Blade, and sorry about losing your dad!

You are definitely going to need some help, but the good news is that you have come to the right place :).

Second, do you shave (you might have a beard or be a woman who does not have a beard to shave :)) and have you considered learning to use a straight razor so you can use your father's razors? I ask because you may end up enjoying using a straight, and it is possible that your father left you some nice razors.

Condolences on your loss. It's not easy losing someone. My dad passed in June, and I couldn't get back for the funeral. Still haven't managed to get back to see the family yet either.

I agree with learning to use the razors if you are able to. There is a lot of help available here for honing and general straight razor advice.

Sorry for your loss.

Do some research and determine the worth. A SR could be worth hundreds of dollars or almost nothing.

B&B’s Buy, Sell and Trade forum here is a good place to sell them if you decide to move any/all of them.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Closing this thread.
1. The member is too new to use the BST.
2. Valuations are not permitted here.
3. The potential for unauthorized sales solicitation is through the roof.
4. Some of the replies are downright ghoulish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom