What's new

3017 a puck of Williams

I'm in for a Plain Willy, if I can remember to do it.

February is about right for me to go through a puck of Williams, although the weather is a little on the dry side.

I may even go out and buy a brand new puck even though I have a couple at home. I'll let the ones I already have turn vintage.

I can't do it this year. My puck was a disaster last year - I just could not get it to lather. I guess I had a Bloody Willy, and yes, it was as bad as that sounds. Best of luck, gents!

I am in although I got a head start a couple of weeks ago. Already 2 weeks in. It took me a couple of days to get the lather right but it’s great now. May even break out the Aqua Velva.

Plain Willy for me.

I'm also in the OBF challenge. Lord Rainbow, Williams, and a variety of razors -- will start either with my new Aristocrat or a German made OLD clone and go from there. Got a lot of razors to try out, including a couple slants, so this could be an interesting month....

Looks like I won't be in.

I'm working on a puck of vintage Williams. 30+ shaves and it's still not even half gone. At this rate, it may be April before my mug is empty!

Did a test lather tonight on the "Brutal blue-green Willy".
It's just like I remembered, and I have at least one more day of Proraso Red before I'm all in on Feb 2.
I'm gonna have to dig out the only balm I own; I haven't needed it in years.
And I think I can just barely cover up the stank that overtakes the AV, Skin Bracer, and Clubman I soaked it in..I finally found a use for my Midnight Stag splash.

Looks like I won't be in.

I'm working on a puck of vintage Williams. 30+ shaves and it's still not even half gone. At this rate, it may be April before my mug is empty!

Then why not join? Your puck will still last the whole month, so no harm that you started early. My puck last year went for 72 shaves.

I was under the impression that it should be a new puck of current production. So, I guess I'm in after all!

That’s the idea, but some folks still opt to use Vintage. As long as you’re using Williams you’re welcome to join.

Sent from the Spider Phone

I'm in this year again. It has been an entire year since I last used Williams. This year I will use a vintage puck. I will also add another element to my 3017. I will use only one razor and one brush. The brush will be a vintage Fuller that I restored with an Omega boar knot, and the razor will be a Filarmonica 13. I touched up the edge on a nice Jnat. I have always wondered how many shaves and edge can go without needing to touch the hone again. This will be the perfect time to find out.

Then why not join? Your puck will still last the whole month, so no harm that you started early. My puck last year went for 72 shaves.
Silently crossing my fingers it won't be that many for me. I'm planning on big brushes and heavy loading.
Any idea of the least shaves anyone's ever experienced to win, err "finish" the 3017?

Ok.....

1. A new pre-2016 Derby Extra Stainless. I'll Excalibur this one blade for the "One Blade in Febuary Challenge".
2. Gold ball-end NDC '46-'50 Tech for the month.
3. Plisson "La Maison du Barbier" synthetic brush with faux ivory handle.
4. Can-Am Willy in the Old Spice mug.
5. Aqua Velva Can-Am blend aftershave.

Prep is a warm shower, but I "James Bond" the end of the shower with full on cold water (the real skin bracer).
I also make lather and shave with cold water as I've found it reduces irritation for me.
February 1st will be a non-shave day for me and I'll commence on Feb 2nd.

And so it begins...... How did we get to here?

Top Bottom