What's new

3017 a puck of Williams

Hmmmm. I wonder if its within the rules to use vintage williams. If I can finish the soap i’m currently using I may join in. I dont plan on grating or soaking in AS. I did that last year.

Nice work, but I gotta admit I really like the What’s the Dilly-Willy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)
Very well, so it is.
Also having fun with #2 for now :D

1. Gott654- Rum Willy
2. gsurko - Willy of Mystery
3. psfred -plain Willy
4. TheVez2 - Plain Willy
5. Esetter - formulation TBA
6. Laird - Can-Am Willy
7. sgemmett - Plain Willy
8. FoxInfinitySunset - What's-the-Dilly Willy?
9. OtterLunacy - Tiger Willy

I've prepared my Can-Am Willy in preparation for February 2nd. In reference to the forty-ninth parallel I combined equal measures of Aqua Velva Original Sport (green available everywhere in Canada) with Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue (the American standard) to a total weight of 49 grams and added a fully grated, brand new puck of Williams. It all went into an Old Spice shaving mug with the aftershave just covering the soap flakes after a slight tamping down. A gold '46-'50 ball end Tech and a fresh new Derby Extra Stainless (pre-2016 batch) will be the hardware for the month.
Aftershave will be the Can-Am Velva created for the Willy. As I'm of Scottish heritage, the thrift of this has my heart going pitter patter. Economy indeed. Cheers.

Well, I added the half bottle of Lucky Tiger, but it just doesn't seem sufficient. The Williams slurped it up and got soft, like warm mozzarella, but never got that almost creamy look that you guys are getting. Plus, the scent is still mostly Williams, just less synthetic. I suppose I'll give it a whirl come February, but I might end up giving it a second soak in AV Musk. I mean, Musky Tiger Willy sounds so good I might have to! :lol:

I've prepared my Can-Am Willy in preparation for February 2nd. In reference to the forty-ninth parallel I combined equal measures of Aqua Velva Original Sport (green available everywhere in Canada) with Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue (the American standard) to a total weight of 49 grams and added a fully grated, brand new puck of Williams. It all went into an Old Spice shaving mug with the aftershave just covering the soap flakes after a slight tamping down. A gold '46-'50 ball end Tech and a fresh new Derby Extra Stainless (pre-2016 batch) will be the hardware for the month.
Aftershave will be the Can-Am Velva created for the Willy. As I'm of Scottish heritage, the thrift of this has my heart going pitter patter. Economy indeed. Cheers.

Honestly, you do a fantastic job selling this concoction. I’d buy it[emoji51]

Well, I added the half bottle of Lucky Tiger, but it just doesn't seem sufficient. The Williams slurped it up and got soft, like warm mozzarella, but never got that almost creamy look that you guys are getting. Plus, the scent is still mostly Williams, just less synthetic. I suppose I'll give it a whirl come February, but I might end up giving it a second soak in AV Musk. I mean, Musky Tiger Willy sounds so good I might have to! :lol:

Why wait?

Less than 2 weeks til Williams kick off!! Very exciting... yes, I need a life.

Are we starting on Feb 2 again? (JB Williams birthday) I am currently beating up on a tub of strop shoppe bay rum and hope to vanquish it in time to make a clean switch to Williams with no left over soap. This is my first experience with somewhat vintage Williams from the SmithKline Beecham era (2000-2002) so I want to avoid dropping this puck onto the remnants of the previous soap just to be sure I am getting pure Williams on my brush.

proxy.php

I checked my puck, it's all dried out and crumbly now. It's going to need a good bloom when I start to use it. Only a few days left, fellas. Who else is in the "One Blade" challenge as well?

I almost forgot about it, I uncovered it about a week ago, it’s all dried up. Unfortunately, the most of the AS scent left too.

Top Bottom