What's new

3017 a brick of Cella

Here goes my attempt at a 3017. I have had this brick for to long now, but today I finally opened it up and went to town. The rest is securely stored in ziploc bags in the fridge. I’ll try and keep a running tab of how long it last. I shave about 2-3 times a week. Also, I’ll take a break from it In the summer as I enjoy WK fern concerto with menthol during those months. Now onto the games lol

Good luck. At 2-3 uses per week it'll prob last you five years plus. Don't worry though, I have some decade old cella, and while it's now a true yellow colour, it's perfectly usable.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Well good luck, sir. Personally, I think you bought too much soap! I agree with @MrSmith83 that you're looking at 5+ years ... you will be sick of Cella before you are finished, my friend. :surrender:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I already subscribed. Will be watching enthusiasticly.
I am doing a 3017 on a tub of MdC. I am almost 1 year into it.

I already subscribed. Will be watching enthusiasticly.
I am doing a 3017 on a tub of MdC. I am almost 1 year into it.

This is what I like to hear. Are you using it exclusively? How many shaves per week? And since I’m balding on top there is the chance I might be shaving my head before the brick is used up.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
6 days a week is the average and it is all I use.
I am conducting a PIF to whomever is closest in guessing the date I finish.

At my pace (I track down my shaves and consumption) I would consume a brick of Cella in a little over two years using it exclusively for 5-6 days a week.

I 3017'd my first brick in approx 2 1/2 years. I load heavy (Marco method), used Cella almost exclusively, and shaved anywhere from 0-7 times a week during that period (I wore a full beard for about 6 months of it).

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Good luck. I love Cella in the Tub. They are supposed to be the same soap but many reckon that they can tell that there is a difference.

Good luck. I love Cella in the Tub. They are supposed to be the same soap but many reckon that they can tell that there is a difference.

I have confirmation from Cella themselves that the fragrance content is different between the tub and brick. Also, the tub contains Tetrasodium EDTA, while the brick does not. So, yeah they are very close but still different from each other

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have confirmation from Cella themselves that the fragrance content is different between the tub and brick. Also, the tub contains Tetrasodium EDTA, while the brick does not. So, yeah they are very close but still different from each other
Thanks for letting us know that there is a difference, although it is a small one.

Congrat's, Sir Tsmmns, on your Cella brick!
Despite all the care to keep it cool and airtight, it will ultimately lose a tad of fragrance over time.
What I do, is pot a couple ounces each into small tins, with a computerized label, as gift to friends, relatives, vendors.
Makes a great 'thankyou' or stocking-stuffer!
And, I do the same with a brick of original P160!
Tins from 'Specialty Bottle'.

cella brick penhaligon schulze tuesday truefitt hill 1805 november 25 2015.jpg

p160 tins.jpg

IIRC, both soaps have EDTA, and have for some time, but it wasn't added to the label until recently due to strengthened EU regulations. Since the 150g jar is the more popular product, retailers are likely getting newer stock than their 1kg product, and the updated label.

I bought my brick in 2010 shortly after joining B&B. I took one slice off and put it in a jar for use. The remainder was vacuum sealed and stored. I have opened the bag twice to take out additional soap and the soap has been fine. There are other soaps in my rotation but enjoy the Cella quite a bit. For me, it is one of the easiest soaps to lather.

Day 2 of shaving with the Cella brick. I think mine has done like others have reported and lost some of the scent since it sat up in my closet for about a year. Either way the results have been great pairing it with a Red Tip and an ASTRA SP and Myrsol AS. I cute up a few chunks and pressed them down into an empty A&E bowl. Here soon I’ll take a picture so y’all can see the progress, but I’m thinking at least 35 or more shaves per bowl. That’s about how many shaves I got out of a bowl of WK while I used it exclusively last summer while deployed. I’m a heavy loader and even though I use a synthetic I’m curious to see how fast it goes.

Congrat's, Sir Tsmmns, on your Cella brick!
Despite all the care to keep it cool and airtight, it will ultimately lose a tad of fragrance over time.
What I do, is pot a couple ounces each into small tins, with a computerized label, as gift to friends, relatives, vendors.
Makes a great 'thankyou' or stocking-stuffer!
And, I do the same with a brick of original P160!
Tins from 'Specialty Bottle'.

View attachment 1036446

View attachment 1036447

Where did you get the label for the tin can? I’d love to find something like that for my A&E top so I can label it as Cella.

Top Bottom