What's new

30 years ago today

The first President I can remember. To be fair, I mostly remember being upset when he was on TV and interrupting whatever we wanted to watch. Always the good citizen...

For some strange reason, the oaf child (still) living in my basement decided to watch the dreary Sir Bob Geldof version of "The Wall" last night on tv.
All I could think of while watching that cinematic laff-riot was that it was the anniversary of Ronnie throwing down the gauntlet.
Thanks Ouch for yesterday's reminder. Without it I wouldn't have regaled that callow son of mine ("He's not your son, Fred") of the event and the eventual collapse of both the wall and the evil empire.

True Story: A friend of mine was given a fist-sized piece of the wall from a friend of his which was displayed on a bookshelf in his home. The lady from his cleaning service helpfully tossed into the trash that ugly piece of rubble which was cluttering up the place...

wife and I spent 3 days in West Berlin in the "way back years".

The drive from the US zone through East Germany to Berlin was rather memorable, mostly for the blocked off exits. All of them in East Germany were manned by at least 1 tank and flanking pill boxes.

Our auto was checked to make sure we had a full tank of fuel before being allowed out of the US zone. We were also warned to NOT stop after leaving West Germany until we arrived in West Berlin.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
wife and I spent 3 days in West Berlin in the "way back years".

The drive from the US zone through East Germany to Berlin was rather memorable, mostly for the blocked off exits. All of them in East Germany were manned by at least 1 tank and flanking pill boxes.

Our auto was checked to make sure we had a full tank of fuel before being allowed out of the US zone. We were also warned to NOT stop after leaving West Germany until we arrived in West Berlin.

Wow. That is quite a memory.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
True Story: A friend of mine was given a fist-sized piece of the wall from a friend of his which was displayed on a bookshelf in his home.

It's probably a fake. I say that because I have the entire wall in my back yard.

Ouch has a big back yard

proxy.php

Top Bottom