What's new

3-Year-Old Beekeeper Isn't Afraid of Getting Stung

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I saw this yesterday while browsing...and I thought, "What a thoughtful, inspiring, charming and 'beeautiful' story".
proxy.php

Inside Edition - 4 Jun 19

"Cooper, a 3-year-old from Nashville[,TN] has taken up quite the hobby. He’s a beekeeper, working alongside his grandmother Susanne on their farm. Now he has his own hive and carefully takes care of the bees.

proxy.php

“It’s really important for kids to be involved in beekeeping, I think, just to keep up the craft, to pass it on down,” Susanne told InsideEdition.com. As InsideEdition.com’s Stephanie Officer finds out, Cooper is not afraid of a little sting".

upload_2019-6-5_16-50-28.jpeg
"The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams". Henry David Thoreau

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Good to see more people doing it. Bee populations are on the decline, and when or if they are gone our food supply is going to be crippled.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Cute kid, but not for me. There are a couple of bee keepers around here that sell the honey...good stuff. I've seen a few bees this spring around the flowers by the porch. I don't bother them and they don't bother me. If one happens to get in the house I'll get it to walk onto a paper towel and carry it back outside.

Wasps on the other hand....

They and their nests are to be destroyed on sight.

The first Mrs Mac decided bee keeping would be cool. This was in our Mother Earth News days.

The cost of hives and gear was more than a lifetime of honey purchases.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Wasps on the other hand....

They and their nests are to be destroyed on sight.
I kill them (I tend to get yellow jackets) with extreme prejudice, usually around 2 AM (when they are very inactive) and after some beer.

Allergic myself, but we do our part in the garden to make sure they have a friendly spot to alight.
That's why I let my lawn go without mowing until the dandelions started going to seed.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Elsewhere in my neighborhood, beekeepers get to park their hives in the many blueberry fields.

Good to see more people doing it. Bee populations are on the decline, and when or if they are gone our food supply is going to be crippled.
This is very true. People underestimate the importance of bees, but they are an absolutely essential part of our ecosystems. Also, they are very docile if handled correctly. Interestingly, geologists have found fossilized honey deposits that are thousands of years old, and the honey is just as safe to eat today as it was then. It is truly one of nature’s superfoods.

Top Bottom