What's new

3 Pipes and Not a Clue About Them! Help?

I have acquired these 3 pipes and am curious about any available information on them, other than the markings. Should I clean them, and if so, how? Are they like some collectibles in that it is a big no, no to 'clean them up'?

Is there a price guide or some place where I can find an approximate value of each one? I've been collecting/dealing in old Red Line Hot Wheels, comic books, sport and non-sport cards for several years and grading and price guides are readily available. I've bought/sold/traded/ and graded those things for so long it is almost second nature. As an aside, if any of you gentlemen have such things to sell, I'm usually in the market! But pipes? Not a clue!

My wonderful wife is pushing for me to sell them. For some reason she doesn't think I need to collect anything else, especially now that razors have joined in on my hobbies! :thumbup: But I think they look really cool, and would look really nice in a display case with my other goodies!

Thanks in advance for even taking the time to read this and for any help you can offer. I appreciate it!

1. It says: Branley Old Briar on the side
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

2. It says: Genuine Block Meerschaum, Austria on the case. I'm curious what it's made out of!

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

3. It has: an 'M' in a shield on the side and says: Medico Sterling on the bottom. It sort of looks like there are knights on it?

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
You've got some interesting pieces there, the carved devil's head is one of the nicer caved briars I've seen but have I have never heard of Branley pipes. The second pipe is carved from meerschaum, and is probably the most desirable of the three, should you want to sell them. The 3rd is a Medico probably from the 50's, but not all that rare. All 3 look like they are is pretty good condition considering their age, and they all look like they have been very lightly smoked. If I were to put a price on them I would say less then $25 for the first and third pipe and $35-$40 for the second

Last edited:
All 3 of the Medico's I have (Standard, Symphony and Cavalier) are all very nice smokers :thumbup1:
That Medico is a very nice shape...it looks like it's got a meerschaum lined bowl.

ok I had a friend who has a pipe book. this is what it said about the first one: The Branley is from England and was made by L.S. Glass: "The small pipe factory of L.S. Glass in London has closed long ago. Glass mainly supplied other (major) brands with close to finished pipes or produced order brands for thirds".

ok I had a friend who has a pipe book. this is what it said about the first one: The Branley is from England and was made by L.S. Glass: "The small pipe factory of L.S. Glass in London has closed long ago. Glass mainly supplied other (major) brands with close to finished pipes or produced order brands for thirds".

Good to know. Thanks for digging up this information.

Top Bottom