What's new

3 of 4 (that I know of)

from what I have been able to touch on, there were 4 watches that went to the moon. they were all issues Omega Speedy's, several wore thier Bulova Accutrons. Swigert on Apollo 13 wore a rolex (still trying to find the model) and Dave Scott brought a Bulova to the moon, and wore it on his 3rd EVA. Bulova has released the watch as a limeted edition - the Lunar Pilot. I now own a Speedy, an Accutron, and this Lunar Pilot.

IMG_20200320_223932_01.jpg
IMG_20200320_230015(1).jpg

less than $500. I paid more for it local than I could have on line, but I believe in supporting local brick and mortars

Ad Astra

The Instigator
from what I have been able to touch on, there were 4 watches that went to the moon. they were all issues Omega Speedy's, several wore thier Bulova Accutrons. Swigert on Apollo 13 wore a rolex (still trying to find the model) and Dave Scott brought a Bulova to the moon, and wore it on his 3rd EVA. Bulova has released the watch as a limeted edition - the Lunar Pilot. I now own a Speedy, an Accutron, and this Lunar Pilot.

View attachment 1076626View attachment 1076627

Apollo 13? Rolex GMT Master.

Very nice Bulova, BTW! The Speedys are spendy; this one is doable.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Mine rides on a B & R Band canvas.

proxy.php
How do you like it?

Only had mine a week, but loving it.

No.1 complaint others have is size ... I laughed when I saw it. Have at least two larger and heavier watches. Its precision is incredible.

The lume is fine, and though I thought the actual use of a tachy is limited - i don't race cars or time aircraft - it make a superlative ordinary timer.

AA

How do you like it?

Only had mine a week, but loving it.

No.1 complaint others have is size ... I laughed when I saw it. Have at least two larger and heavier watches. Its precision is incredible.

The lume is fine, and though I thought the actual use of a tachy is limited - i don't race cars or time aircraft - it make a superlative ordinary timer.

AA

I quite like it, aside from the lug size compared to the case. That’s why I went with this band. It fattens up the look of those.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I know, its not everyday you have to use your chrono to time the burn so you enter the Earth's atmosphere at the correct angle and don't skip off into outer space. But it must be nice to you could, if the need ever arose.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I know, its not everyday you have to use your chrono to time the burn so you enter the Earth's atmosphere at the correct angle and don't skip off into outer space. But it must be nice to you could, if the need ever arose.

I'm actually using the tachy hand as a reminder - set it at 10 to remind me there's a Zoom meeting at 10, etc.

AA

Top Bottom