What's new

3 NEW and One Redo

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Just off the lathe yesterday , 3 new brushes and one that has been around for about a year
I was very unhappy with the brown synthetic that was in this handle so I thought I should do something about it . When I made it back then I really liked the Handle I set the knot and
used it a few time and then it just sat there ,,,,it looked dejected and it was not getting any use so out with the old and in with something new (TBD).
I buffed it and polished it and it still looks like new :)
The Maple handle is another piece from that same part of the tree that I have been finding gold in .
The first one in the picture has a Bocote top and a Cocobolo bottom both cross cut ( grain going side ways instead of up and down .
The last one on the far right is a piece of Cocobolo that I was able to use the cut off from and make my "Happy Sunshine" Brush with .
Matwho3.jpg

Happy Father's Day, Sir. The brushes look great, especially the fancy one on the left.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know these brushes are made to be used but I know someone who thinks that they are works of art and displays them.

Some of the best looking brushes I e seen anywhere. You continue to amaze, as does that Maple tree.

And Happy Father's Day everybody.

Four beautiful handles. The two on the right are my favorites, however. The richness of the wood is fantastic. Great work, Steve.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
@Fat Larry Bocotoe and

Cocobolo
I started with a 2x2x12 blank of each
Cut off a 2" x 2" from each then flip it so the grain is going from side to side and glue them together. Using Sharp tools and high speed.

Top Bottom