What's new

3 Months in and bought a 37C slant

I have been wet shaving with a EJDE89 for the last 3 months. While I have gotten better with my technique I still had to do way too many touch ups after a 3 pass shave. Trying to clean up the problem areas mostly under my jaw caused slight razor burn. I have tried many different and very good blades but it didn't seem to help. So I thought I would try a more aggressive razor. I didn't shave when I showered this morning in anticipation of buying the 37C. Also bought a 10 pack of crystal blades, some trumpers skin food and a Vie Long brush. Came home and gave it all a try. I was being very respectful of the slant bar and only got two weepers that stopped after my cold water rinse. The biggest difference from the EJ was that I did not have to continuously go over the trouble spots to get them smooth. The razor definitely made the shave easier and less irritating. Followed with some skin food and a splash of Floids and my face is very happy!

Great razor and fantastic shaves. I got mine after only 2 months of DE shaving and haven't used another razor since- 3 weeks now. I know slants are thought to be aggressive, but for me anyways the only aggressive thing about it is that I been able to completely do away with my 3rd pass. The thing is smooth and effortless. Enjoy!

37C is a stunning razor and gives great shaves. But it can be beast if you don't respect it. Learned that yesterday when I sliced my skin quite badly.

I bought one about 3 months in as well. It's the only razor I've ever purchased where I got great shaves out of the box with zero learning curve. I still think it's the best combo of smooth/close shaves. I've never figured out the rep for agressiveness.

I will say that 6 months from now, go back to your EJ and I'll bet you'll get "differently great" shaves from that as well due to improved technique.

i got the slant after the 34c and then a gillette adjustable from 1971 and then a R41. that one is serious. I switched the handle to the Weber bulldog and it now has the heft of a Merkur

I have a SS Slant by that other company and I love it. I didn't find it that difficult to use although I was very careful the first time. Now I can shave as easily with that as with my Merk Prog Long....just take your time and enjoy the experience

I, like you, started with an EJ and struggled with it for a while, thinking my prep and technique were the causes of my slow advancement in wet shaving. Then I bought a Merkur 15c open comb and my shaves went to the next level.
The past two months I've used nothing but the 37c or the Ikon Slant. Beautiful, efficient, gentle shavers.
Good luck on your journey and welcome to B & B!

I am new to this too. I just bought a 34c heavy, tried the mekur blade and it took 3 passes to get presentable. I switched to the Crystal blade and I loved the shave I got with that blade. I am now trying an astra blade out of my blade kit. I still think the Crystal is the best so far. I give you credit for trying the slant bar.

Hi Nwohio: Congrats on your 37C. I love mine slant shaves. I never get tired of hearing successful slant shaves.

WARHAWK

Top Bottom