What's new

3 minute shave tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icalled gillette in the u.s. and asked them about late 1999/early 2000 about shaving tips online. They told me that in early 2000 consumers had to call by phone to 1800gillette in the u.s. since more than likely specific shaving tips werent posted online. But if someone called and asked about what shaving tips 1800gillette could give out, wouldnt up to a certain point we would be guessing or it might even be a matter of trial and error in order to have a specific knowledge? In 2005 on a different website i came across a very clever shaving tip posted online. It said leave lather online for at least 3 minutes while in the shower before shaving as to soften facial hair and condition skin. But in early 2000, how were consumers supposed to gain this specific knowledge by calling then? How was this supposed to cross their mind in such a way for 1800 gillette to give them this very clever shaving tip then? How should they have asked to be told this in this very specific manner? Not only gillette but also schick, bic, edge shave gel, merkur, muhle, ect... for early 2000 none of these guys had posted a very specific shave tip saying, "shave while in the shower, lather up and leave it on for at least 3 minutes prior to shaving." If consumers called by phone to any of these guys then how were they supposed to ask so they would get this answer/reply from any of these companies?

Icalled gillette in the u.s. and asked them about late 1999/early 2000 about shaving tips online. They told me that in early 2000 consumers had to call by phone to 1800gillette in the u.s. since more than likely specific shaving tips werent posted online. But if someone called and asked about what shaving tips 1800gillette could give out, wouldnt up to a certain point we would be guessing or it might even be a matter of trial and error in order to have a specific knowledge? In 2005 on a different website i came across a very clever shaving tip posted online. It said leave lather online for at least 3 minutes while in the shower before shaving as to soften facial hair and condition skin. But in early 2000, how were consumers supposed to gain this specific knowledge by calling then? How was this supposed to cross their mind in such a way for 1800 gillette to give them this very clever shaving tip then? How should they have asked to be told this in this very specific manner? Not only gillette but also schick, bic, edge shave gel, merkur, muhle, ect... for early 2000 none of these guys had posted a very specific shave tip saying, "shave while in the shower, lather up and leave it on for at least 3 minutes prior to shaving." If consumers called by phone to any of these guys then how were they supposed to ask so they would get this answer/reply from any of these companies?
Huh?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
In 1999/2000 shaving was not something I thought about much less something I thought about enough to call for tips. I used a Mach 3 or whatever multi blade razor Gillette sent me for free, and canned shave foam or gel if it was available then. I had to shave daily for work and the Mach 3/foam/gel worked just fine for what I needed it to do. Anyone remember the razors the you'd randomly get in the mail from Gillette? Maybe I signed up for something, I don't remember, but I know I got an Atra and Mach 3 from them.

Not sure I understand the question.
In what way possible should someone have asked gillette, schick, or shave edge gel by phone back in early 2000 by phone so like that theyre told that what these guys recommend to do is to shave while in the shower, leave the lather on for at least 3 minutes and then shave? If someone were to call gillette, schick, or edge by phone today then how should they go about asking any of these guys this question so like that they get this approximate shave tip then??

In what way possible should someone have asked gillette, schick, or shave edge gel by phone back in early 2000 by phone so like that theyre told that what these guys recommend to do is to shave while in the shower, leave the lather on for at least 3 minutes and then shave? If someone were to call gillette, schick, or edge by phone today then how should they go about asking any of these guys this question so like that they get this approximate shave tip then??
Not really sure to be honest, but I get a wonderful mental image of banks of phone operators busy answering calls 24/7 about beard mapping, I just nicked myself etc.

I never really understood why they have customer service numbers on products. I saw one on a chocolate bar once.

Ok i got the wrapper off..now what?

I always thought you would just get some automated message, directing you to some site, somewhere, which probably wouldn't answer the question.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
And if i dont get the answer which im looking for then what?
Ask your barber, other male members of your family, or your friends? I don’t think you would know that you didn’t get the answer you wanted if you didn’t know what you wanted to know in the first place. The internet then was a completely different place than it is now. None of that face chat, chirping, or snap book crap. Chat rooms were literally that, typed words, not a lot of pictures or videos.

Ask your barber, other male members of your family, or your friends? I don’t think you would know that you didn’t get the answer you wanted if you didn’t know what you wanted to know in the first place. The internet then was a completely different place than it is now. None of that face chat, chirping, or snap book crap. Chat rooms were literally that, typed words, not a lot of pictures or videos.
Please explain....

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
What would you like me to explain?

Gillette etc all have suggested ways too use their products. If they don't think you should leave the gel/foam/lather on for 3 minutes in the shower you won't get that info from them. The only way you'd figure it out is by your own trial and error or through word of mouth from others. Even today Gillette says to rub the gel into your face and then shave. Nowhere does it say to leave the lather on for 3 minutes. Somebody, somewhere figured that out by trial and error and posted it online.

You wouldn't know that Gillette didn't give you a 3 min answer because you didn't know to ask about the 3 minutes. You would get whatever advise they gave you which would probably be something like rub on face to create lather, and shave.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Gillette etc all have suggested ways too use their products. If they don't think you should leave the gel/foam/lather on for 3 minutes in the shower you won't get that info from them. The only way you'd figure it out is by your own trial and error or through word of mouth from others. Even today Gillette says to rub the gel into your face and then shave. Nowhere does it say to leave the lather on for 3 minutes. Somebody, somewhere figured that out by trial and error and posted it online.

You wouldn't know that Gillette didn't give you a 3 min answer because you didn't know to ask about the 3 minutes. You would get whatever advise they gave you which would probably be something like rub on face to create lather, and shave.
I'm so glad you were demoted to Mod my friend!

I saw the 3 minute for the first time in 2003, 2004 either on bicworld.com or schick/edge website. I ask myself the following question, why wasnt it posted in early 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom