What's new

3 different Yaqi brushes

I recently got these three different Yaqi brushes. They are all 24mm. The left/orange one is synthetic, the other two were "bristles", which I assume to mean boar. I was surprised at how much narrower the brush of the middle one was and not sure if I will like it.

Have others tried these brushes and have feedback to share? I do tend to like boar brushes, to get a bit more scrubbing and whisker lifting. Their stiffer bristles seem to make whipping up a lather a bit easier when using soaps.

YaqiBrushes.jpeg

The syth looks like a nice low loft. The one on the right should probably be put in some warm water for an extended soak and then some palm stropping. That middle one looks a lot like a hoar hair brush. I hate to ask you to, but maybe smell it?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The two knots on the right are not normal 24mm boar knots IMO compared to their regular boar knots. They where sold as defective handles but looks like the knots where experimental knots designed for folks who love scrubbing their beard.(Short loft indicates this in my opinion).
This is what their normal boar knots look like and I really enjoy them a lot.
Yaqi #1 Viper 24mm boar brush (3).jpg
Yaqi #1 Robin 24mm boar bristle brush collage.jpg
Yaqi boar brush broke in after 2 days after 2 days in fridge 2.6.jpg
Yaqi #1 Orbital ring 24mm boar bristle brush collage..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Congratulations on all three brushes! The boar brush/es will take many lathers to start breaking them in. I've read some good reviews on the Yaqi boar knots, so they will hopefully be nice brushes for you.

They claim the middle is a black boar I agree since I got their other orange colored one 26mm. It has a lot of backbone for how thinly packed it is and is very scrubby. This could have been my favorite brush, but with it's super low density I don't really like using it. Such a bummer and a tease not like I can pick another brands black boar brush instead...

I recently got these three different Yaqi brushes. They are all 24mm. The left/orange one is synthetic, the other two were "bristles", which I assume to mean boar. I was surprised at how much narrower the brush of the middle one was and not sure if I will like it.

Have others tried these brushes and have feedback to share? I do tend to like boar brushes, to get a bit more scrubbing and whisker lifting. Their stiffer bristles seem to make whipping up a lather a bit easier when using soaps.

View attachment 1476134
I've got a mixture of the orange handle with the black boar as I believe it to be.after about 4 weeks lathering the he'll out of it it's still as coarse as can be. I was told its coarse because its been trimmed at the factory. Hope it softens eventually.
1656267104547457886171931638143.jpg

I have the synthetic one in white and yet to use it. I picked it up as "factory second" from the Yaqi factory store on AliExpress ($7).
Mine has no logo which I assume is why it's a factory second. Nothing else wrong with it!
I'm gonna have to take it out this week to give it a whirl!

Any places like razorus or other Yaqi resellers that stock the Yaqi boar brushes? I've never actually seen one and don't necessarily want to order from AliExpress if that's the only way to get one.

I've been using the 30mm Yaqi synthetic for 5+ years and have sold off my other brushes because it's that consistent. You can't go wrong with them.

Top Bottom