What's new

$3 Bucks at the Dollar Store!

15270389300095930269349330758586.jpg

I have one of those razors - haven't tried it yet.

I'm a big fan of the aftershaves. They work very well for me. I think they're a great value.

While those products work well enough, I caution in that:
1) I thought the aftershave I got at my local Dollar Tree about 3 years ago was mediocre at best. (I think it was the same as your green bottle). I was expecting more alcohol or better soothing effect but found it lacking. I regretted purchasing it since at first I was trying to finish it rather than throw it out. Note I am not saying it does not work, but when one already has a nice collection of higher quality A/S it was a bad purchase for me. A relatively inexpensive A/S such as Aqua Velva is miles ahead in performance IMO.
2) Just based on price point and appearance I expect that DE might last a few months if one unscrewed the top cap after every shave to thoroughly rinse the blade. My cheap travel DE did not last long as the screw threads quickly wore out due to poor materials/construction.

Sorry if that comes across as overly negative when that was not really my intent. As you did get a nice bargain. And it is always fun to experiment with different products.

While those products work well enough, I caution in that:
1) I thought the aftershave I got at my local Dollar Tree about 3 years ago was mediocre at best. (I think it was the same as your green bottle). I was expecting more alcohol or better soothing effect but found it lacking. I regretted purchasing it since at first I was trying to finish it rather than throw it out. Note I am not saying it does not work, but when one already has a nice collection of higher quality A/S it was a bad purchase for me. A relatively inexpensive A/S such as Aqua Velva is miles ahead in performance IMO.
2) Just based on price point and appearance I expect that DE might last a few months if one unscrewed the top cap after every shave to thoroughly rinse the blade. My cheap travel DE did not last long as the screw threads quickly wore out due to poor materials/construction.

Sorry if that comes across as overly negative when that was not really my intent. As you did get a nice bargain. And it is always fun to experiment with different products.
I understand the a/s may be a Barbasol product. These where "whim" purchases. I've spent more on things I liked less, and it's all subjective. It will make a good travel razor, and the a/s will be perfect for when my grandsons want to "shave" like grandpa.

As long as you were lucky to get one of the Razors that clamps the blade even and the safety bar is straight... It's a surprisingly nice shave. In all honesty, that razor gave me a better shave then any super speed or slim I've ever tried.

The blades are crap, start with your preferred blade. I got one of these for fun, threw in a fresh Astra sp, and ended up with a quick and comfortable near BBS in 3 passes.

I'm just happy to see a member from when I first started on this forum. Plus, his avatar was the only type of shave set I was willing to buy.

marty

I ise the blue stuff I love it! My wife isnt a fan of the green so I dont own that one but also enjoy it, the razor likes to break on me!

Top Bottom