What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

It's unlikely to be a database error as I don't see any of the other older, highly posted in and highly viewed threads deleted. Only this one particular thread is deleted. Likely it was deleted by someone, perhaps accidentally perhaps not, and must be recovered from the backup drives which is a pain for whomever must do that.
$Screenshot_2016-06-05-12-31-29.jpg

Without further ado....

#124 - Sample [Never tried this brand]
Her - "OMG is smells like Europe"
Me- "That would be great if id been to Europe" *cough* "Let me smell"
..." Wow this smells of summer with my grandparents in Northern California"

Needless to say I had to try this one first. There is something about the smell on this one. While the descriptions for scent profile may include Lavender or even Rosemary, I smell the outside. I smell childhood when no one was looking and you could run forever and lay you hands along the tops of the over grown grass in the field. That is what this was for me.

Performance/et all: Was not disappointed, smooth, not drying lathered like a boss.

I will one day get this, one day....

#749 [Never tried this brand]
Her - "It smells like you" She laughs.
Me- "Im not even sure what that means"
[she hands it to me]
Me- " That smells exactly what I see myself smelling like, Im not even sure what to say about that"
[she laughs again]

Im not sure if anyone has said this about this soap, but I get almost Aventus, but deeper without the highs. Which is funny, because if you read the scent notes it would be very far from you mind to associate these too.

Preformance/et all: Made really quick lather and had great protection. I have had items from this vendor in my cart before and never quite pulled the trigger, I apparently made a mistake. If I dont end up taking this one, I see an order from their site in my future. I mean, it smells like "me."

#746 [One of my favorite vendors]
Her - " I really like that smell, like a lot.
[Its at this moment I realize shes never smelled Bay Rum. By itself]
Me - "Hmm thats good because I love Bay Rum"
Her - "Like we put in Chili?"
Me - "oh no, much different. [insert story of Sailors and Pirates here]"
Her - "Well I like it, plus, you make a good pirate"
[we both laugh]

I like this take on Bay Rum, its more pure and readily wearable in the summer months. I know Bay Rum can be divisive, but this one is more pure bay and not the clove cinnamon bomb that some people hate. I like this, but with a couple Bay Rums already in my Pirates chest of soaps, i will most likely pass.

Performance/et all: In an effort for time I did not lather or shave with this one. I have several soaps from this vendor and already trust their quality and skin feel.

Hope you guys like it so far, its a little different then other reviews but so am I. Its great to check these all out so far, and am saddened that i have only a day or two left.

Without further ado....

#124 - Sample [Never tried this brand]
Her - "OMG is smells like Europe"
Me- "That would be great if id been to Europe" *cough* "Let me smell"
..." Wow this smells of summer with my grandparents in Northern California"

Needless to say I had to try this one first. There is something about the smell on this one. While the descriptions for scent profile may include Lavender or even Rosemary, I smell the outside. I smell childhood when no one was looking and you could run forever and lay you hands along the tops of the over grown grass in the field. That is what this was for me.

Performance/et all: Was not disappointed, smooth, not drying lathered like a boss.

I will one day get this, one day....

#749 [Never tried this brand]
Her - "It smells like you" She laughs.
Me- "Im not even sure what that means"
[she hands it to me]
Me- " That smells exactly what I see myself smelling like, Im not even sure what to say about that"
[she laughs again]

Im not sure if anyone has said this about this soap, but I get almost Aventus, but deeper without the highs. Which is funny, because if you read the scent notes it would be very far from you mind to associate these too.

Preformance/et all: Made really quick lather and had great protection. I have had items from this vendor in my cart before and never quite pulled the trigger, I apparently made a mistake. If I dont end up taking this one, I see an order from their site in my future. I mean, it smells like "me."

#746 [One of my favorite vendors]
Her - " I really like that smell, like a lot.
[Its at this moment I realize shes never smelled Bay Rum. By itself]
Me - "Hmm thats good because I love Bay Rum"
Her - "Like we put in Chili?"
Me - "oh no, much different. [insert story of Sailors and Pirates here]"
Her - "Well I like it, plus, you make a good pirate"
[we both laugh]

I like this take on Bay Rum, its more pure and readily wearable in the summer months. I know Bay Rum can be divisive, but this one is more pure bay and not the clove cinnamon bomb that some people hate. I like this, but with a couple Bay Rums already in my Pirates chest of soaps, i will most likely pass.

Performance/et all: In an effort for time I did not lather or shave with this one. I have several soaps from this vendor and already trust their quality and skin feel.

Hope you guys like it so far, its a little different then other reviews but so am I. Its great to check these all out so far, and am saddened that i have only a day or two left.

Nice job

I think I'd like to be in, but need to learn more for what this is all about. How does it work?? I'm guessing that's in the lost thread.

Sorry! things have been crazy and just got back from my trip. If one of the mods could get me the address for the next person, ill get my add/takes approved and get it sent out asap.

The process is that you PM the next person on the list and get their information including name, address, email and phone. You then PM that information to Christain and myself and get our ok to send the box. As far as your takes and adds that would be another PM to Christain and myself.

What I've tried to get done in the past is PM the person after me when I get to be 2nd in line. Something along the lines of Hi, you are after me and I'd like to get your shipping info ahead of time and that I'll pm you a few days into my box run to see if you're still able to participate.

This saves you from taking up valuable soap testing time. :)

The soap is on its way to me I think. If it shows up by Thursday there will be a slight delay as the last three days of the month are hell for me. The plus side is that I have a 4 day weekend to play with soap and put together my thoughts! I'll probably include Kim's thoughts as well since she is a daily wet shaver.

The soap is on its way to me I think. If it shows up by Thursday there will be a slight delay as the last three days of the month are hell for me. The plus side is that I have a 4 day weekend to play with soap and put together my thoughts! I'll probably include Kim's thoughts as well since she is a daily wet shaver.

Jon, it's not a problem at all. Please don't worry about the timing once you get the box. I'm sure we can work something out that'll take your schedule into consideration. Once you get it just send me a PM and we'll make sure you have all the time you need. Also please know that Kim is welcome to try anything and everything in the box. Enjoy.

Top Bottom