What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

[MENTION=65501]mbkintner[/MENTION] your inbox is full. In response to your last message. That sounds like a plan to me!

[MENTION=65501]mbkintner[/MENTION] - Hope you enjoy the Summer Storm. I, like you, had never smelled anything like it when I bought it and it really opened my eyes to scented soaps. I've since bought the AS and really enjoy it every once in a while. I think that CF aftershaves are great for my skin and have a bottle or two. I've also enjoyed the sample of CF Cedar and Spice soap that I bought from Maggard's once I let it air out a little.

I don't have the official list yet, but I wanted to share my thoughts on some, if not all of the soaps (minus samples). Sorry for the numbers being out of order.

#758 - I own one other scent by this company and it is spectacular. This soap does not disappoint in the scent either. I get a citrusy/berry scent. This one is quite interesting to me and is a possible contender for keeping.

#739 - I own a few scents by this company and I almost pulled the trigger on this one in the past. This one is kind of cologney/earthy to me. I may want this one, but not sure yet.

#736 - I own this one already. I love all the soaps I have from this company, and this marzipan/almond scent is one of the best out there.

#734 - As much as I want to try this one, the scent just doesn't do it for me. It is pleasant, but the cologne - like scent this one has just just meh to me. Like I said, it isn't that it's bad, it's just not my preference.

#759 - I like this scent. I have heard nothing but good things about this soap, so, this classic scent (just nice and clean, with a hint of cologne) is a contender.

#755 - I've used quite a few soaps from this company, and all have performed quite well. This scent, however, is very synthetic to me. I have other scents in citrusy - lime scent and they are better to my nose.

#747 - This one reminds me of a cup of Earl Grey tea. I like the scent and the company, but this one doesn't stand out of the pack like some of the others.

#746 - This is the same manufacturer as 747, and I since I already own enough Bay Rum scents, this one is not for me. SWMBO doesn't really care for Bay Rum scents, and with her 8.5 months pregnant, I think I'll just skip over this one :p

#754 - I love this company and the scents they put out. This one is Tangerine/Orange scent and I love it. Since I already have quite a few from this brand, I'll abstain (for now).

#756 - This one is from a brand that I've not tried yet. It is a very interesting scent. I get an outdoorsy scent first, followed by a very slight cologne scent. I definitely like it, and I'll have to revisit it again.

#737 - This is the same brand as 736. A great performer, but the scent isn't one of my favorites from them. It's not bad, but it's just not for me. It is a lighter cologne scent and it is nice, but just a bit too cologney for my nose.

#757 - I've yet to try this brand, and I've heard good things about it. This one, like many others is interesting. It's citrusy and a bit spicy. I like it.

#748 - I've used this brand quite a bit and it's great. This scent has a light mint scent and makes me think of being around the water. It's very nice, almost calming.

#749 - This is the same company that makes 748. While I like the scent, it's not my favorite from them. It is woody and citrusy, not bad.

#735 - I own an aftershave balm from this company and it is fantastic. I haven't tried any soaps from them, but I've heard good things. This scent though, NOPE, not for me.

#722 - This is from the same company as 739, and another scent that SWMBO isn't too keen on (while, like Bay Rum, I own a few). I will steer clear of this Sandalwood.

That's all I have for now, but I will post some follow up scent reviews to come.

Tested out #748 yesterday. It was superb. The scent was great, just like it was in the jar. I was surprised that there was no menthol in it. When smelling it, it seemed as if there would be some cooling, but alas, none. Either way this brand never disappoints.

I've submitted my adds/takes for review and will post an update later :)

Ok all, my takes and add have been approved.

My add is one that I personally love. It whips up one of the best lathers I've ever encountered and it's a very unique scent. It has a clean, earthiness to it. Simply divine :)

My takes:

The first one didn't last long in the box and the second one I kept going back to smell. SWMBO even voted yes on the second one.

proxy.php

Dapper Dragon shaves wonderfully! It created a very slick later and it smelled great! I got a lot of outdoorsy scent from it. I'll get back to you on the Fine, but I expect great things!

I got Shea's address, so I will be getting it in the mail ASAP. Most likely this will be out Tuesday. I will let you all know as soon as it's dropped off.

Sorry about that, it's Signature :)
That was one of my adds. It's not a scent I would have picked out, but I got a sample of it as part of a trade and I really like the performance and the scent was nice too. That's how it ended up in the box. Glad you liked it.

InNae

1. dfoulk - completed
2. Bj Rose - completed
3. Calhoun1 - completed
4. Bingo82d - completed
5. Corsair66 - completed
6. mrlandpirate - completed
7. shubes - completed
8. bobmsp - completed
9. tclobaugh - helping to moderate - Completed
10. InNae - completed
11. mbkintner - completed
12. horvy - completed and mailed box
13. sheashaves710
14. tarrant
15. Joneplin
16. AndroiDad75
17. then back to dfoulk to prep for the next round

The box has landed :clap: I've got #737 set aside to try for a shave later on today. I will post a picture and a short review on the soap.
737 is one of my absolute favorite scents. I've stockpiled a good amount (hoarding really [emoji2]) in fear of it ever being discontinued again.

I'll send you an updated link to the online soap list as soon as I can.

I had a terrific shave with 737 tonight. I scooped out a small chunk and lathered up with my Whipped Dog synthetic brush. As a citrus junkie, 737 stood out to me immediately. The scent on this one is a very well crafted citrus cologne type scent. It's very refreshing and not too over-powering or cloying. I would rate the strength of scent at moderate / medium.

Performance was very good. Lather was very creamy and slick, whipping up very easily. Scent bloomed out nicely and stayed throughout the shave. This soap really excelled in post-shave quality. Face felt very smooth and hydrated after the shave, no tightness or irritation to speak of. This one will definitely be on my list of possible takes. I can see why [MENTION=65501]mbkintner[/MENTION] keeps a stockpile :laugh:

proxy.php

Great shave today with # 749.

Scent: This soap has a nice blend of Cedarwood and Citrus with a note of pepper. The scent is very well rounded and smells like a fine cologne. Scent strength is very good and stuck around for an hour or two after the shave.

Performance: Readily whipped into a beautiful lather. Not a lot of product is required to produce a beautiful, protective lather. Peaks very nicely. Cushion and slickness were very good. Left my face feeling very soft and hydrated.

proxy.php

Top Bottom