What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

It's not a typical citrus but I'm surprised to hear you say bay rum, as I don't get any of the clove you normally get from a bay rum. I think it has a bit of an ozone scent to it.

Glad you liked the brand if you've not tried them before. :)

I'm not great with my scents due to my allergies. It reminded me of a bay rum, but others may get a much different profile. I will be looking at trying to find some samples of their other scents because this was a great shave.

I also don't have access to the spreadsheet. If it was sent, let me know and I'll check my spam filter.

InNae

I'm not great with my scents due to my allergies. It reminded me of a bay rum, but others may get a much different profile. I will be looking at trying to find some samples of their other scents because this was a great shave.

I also don't have access to the spreadsheet. If it was sent, let me know and I'll check my spam filter.

InNae

I just realized the same thing about you not having the spreadsheet. let me see what I do for you.

Today was #752. Kind of a mixed bag today.The shave was ok, but I think that's due to me pushing the blade a bit to far. It's not bad so I'll call it a good shave, based on the non problem areas on my face feeling fine.

Scent is a rain storm type of scent. It sort of reminds me of that, but it also has a bit of a floral scent that I'm getting also. Not real strong.

The lather built quickly (I need a copy and paste feature for this) and was nice and creamy. Despite what I wrote earlier I'm going to call it a great shave. It is a bit drying, but again nothing I would look for something to put on my face.

This is an interesting one. Not a scent that i would normally consider, but I'm trying to branch out a bit so I may consider this one.

InNae

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Two reviews for the price of one today.

First was #747. This one got off to a rough start, and if I had more time I would go back and give it another shot. We were out of hot water so I tried a cold shave... Not my thing. The later didn't develop.

The scent is not the typical citrus type scent that I would normally gravitate towards. It was pleasant though.

Even though the lather didn't develop it shaved ok. I'm sure that it would have been better with proper lather. I will probably pass on this one as the scent just didn't do it for me.

Second soap was #751. A lemongrass scent. Usually I get the grass and not much lemon, but the lemon really came through on this one. The lather built up nicely and was thick and creamy.

The smell was great... Back to that citrus think I like so much.

The shave was nice, felt a bit drying, but not much and with an even more dialed in lather I think it would be fine.

This one is a possible keeper for me. I have a couple more to try and then I'll be sending the box on its way.

InNae

Two reviews for the price of one today.

First was #747. This one got off to a rough start, and if I had more time I would go back and give it another shot. We were out of hot water so I tried a cold shave... Not my thing. The later didn't develop.

The scent is not the typical citrus type scent that I would normally gravitate towards. It was pleasant though.

Even though the lather didn't develop it shaved ok. I'm sure that it would have been better with proper lather. I will probably pass on this one as the scent just didn't do it for me.

Second soap was #751. A lemongrass scent. Usually I get the grass and not much lemon, but the lemon really came through on this one. The lather built up nicely and was thick and creamy.

The smell was great... Back to that citrus think I like so much.

The shave was nice, felt a bit drying, but not much and with an even more dialed in lather I think it would be fine.

This one is a possible keeper for me. I have a couple more to try and then I'll be sending the box on its way.

InNae

I have 751 as one one of my takes from my first pass with the box. I would never have picked this soap from its description, but the citrus really is the primary note and the rest is there in a supporting role. Performance is excellent. There is a reason this maker is well loved :)

The box is getting ready to move on. I just have to get my takes approved and contact the next person on the list.

1. dfoulk - completed
2. Bj Rose - completed
3. Calhoun1 - completed
4. Bingo82d - completed
5. Corsair66 - completed
6. mrlandpirate - completed
7. shubes - completed
8. bobmsp - completed
9. tclobaugh - helping to moderate - Completed
10. InNae - In posession
11. mbkintner
12. horvy
13. sheashaves710
14. tarrant
15. Joneplin
16. AndroiDad75
17. then back to dfoulk to prep for the next round

Today's review is for #745. Another one of those soaps that I don't think I would ever have though of grabbing, but it's interesting in a good way. I have another soap by this maker and I love the shave. Lather is great. Comes together nicely, thick and creamy.

The smell, was like I said, interesting. I wasn't sure on the sniff test, but as I lathered it up the scent grew on my. I get the pipe smoke, but some of the other stuff on the label just isn't there for me.

The shave is the same that I expected from my other scent from this maker. Overall I like this one a lot. This is on my list of possible takes.

I've contacted the mods with my takes and adds and the box will be on it's way when I get the info for the next person and the ok for my adds and takes.

InNae

OK guys,

I got my adds and takes approved. The picture will come later today. I have the address for the next person up so the box will go out tomorrow.

InNae

Is there any way I can get an updated list of these soaps? The reviews are fantastic but not helpful as I don't know what soaps are being reviewed. There was a list a few dozen pages back but I haven't kept up as I am not part of this passaround.

Is there any way I can get an updated list of these soaps? The reviews are fantastic but not helpful as I don't know what soaps are being reviewed. There was a list a few dozen pages back but I haven't kept up as I am not part of this passaround.

Part of the fun of this pass around is that you don't know what the soaps are. We give hints in reviews and must if us try to guess to ourselves what the soap is. We do share the numbers when someone takes a soap out of the box. You could pm the reviewer if you must know.

Part of the fun of this pass around is that you don't know what the soaps are. We give hints in reviews and must if us try to guess to ourselves what the soap is. We do share the numbers when someone takes a soap out of the box. You could pm the reviewer if you must know.

Yeah, what he said. It's like Christmas morning when you get the box as you don't have any idea what's in it and that's half the fun of it. I mean you may have some idea of a couple that are there if you've been paying attention but overall it's a surprise.

It's full of great soaps and there are also quite a few high end and several unobtainium sample only soaps in the box as well.

I can tell you that the box is full of really great soaps but as far as a list goes, you'll have to participate to get that.

Gentlemen,

The box went out today with an expected delivery date of 4/25. This was my third time in on this box and it gets better each time. The tracking # is 13152810000056385617.

My adds are... You didn't think I was going to tell you what they are did you?

My first add is a scent that I wouldn't have picked up on my own. I got a sample that was thrown in on a soap trade that I made. The soap lathers great and the shave is really nice too. The scent reminds me of the cologne that I wear when I have to get dressed up. I can't even remember what kind it is so you guys will have to guess.

The second is from a maker that makes my all time favorite scent. This is a different scent that is nice and subdued but hard one for me to describe. The shave is great on this one too.

The third soap is from yet another maker. The shave is great, but the scent is not my cup of tea. This is kind of thrown in as a bonus. This isn't the bacon scent though. It's sweet with a bit of menthol to it. I hope someone enjoys it.

Now for my takes.
$takes.jpg
I won't rehash my review other than to say I stayed true to my general preferences with the exception of The Captain. I do like the scent though.

Thanks for another great round with the pass. Hope the rest of you guys enjoy it.

InNae

Nice picks! Had you not taken The Captain I can guarantee it wouldn't have made it past me.

I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure it was in the last pass and was taken right before I got the box last time.

Nice picks! Had you not taken The Captain I can guarantee it wouldn't have made it past me.

I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure it was in the last pass and was taken right before I got the box last time.
I put Land Locked in on the last pass. It didn't last very long. She makes some great soaps.

We all got together and planned it that way to tease you :)

I knew I would forget something...
Strop Shoppe Peppermint was 733
Tiki The Captain was 745
Mikes Lemongrass was 751

InNae
Thanks, I have 733. So I wanted to re-read your thoughts. I liked the old time peppermint scent - its spot on for those crumbly after dinner mints I'd get at christmas time.

I didnt seem to get the moisturizing effects I've seen claimed by many people. I wasnt sure if it was just this scent. I've got 3 more scents and I'm not sure how hard I want to try given that they are no longer in production.

Top Bottom