What's new

2nd round Soap Pass-Around

View attachment 649494

Cause it didn't happen without pictures, right?

I also wanted to show off the art on the Krampus tin. :)

I haven't tried the PannCrema Nostalgia, but you are right that the Nuavia gets all the love and the regular line gets overlooked. Since the Soap Sample Box I have Ordered the PannCrema San Francesco, Lavandotto, and Labdano. Bought them from Italian Barber at excellent prices. I found out from Marco that the Lavandotto and the Labdano are discontinued, but there is stock to be had at some online retail stores. A great lathering soap that performs very well. At the regular price, I would rather have PannaCrema's regular line than almost most other soaps. Hope you enjoy your's as much as I enjoy mine.

I'm sorry to hear that the Lavandotto was discontinued. It was going to be my next purchase of PannaCrema (along with some Nuavia).

I'm sorry to hear that the Lavandotto was discontinued. It was going to be my next purchase of PannaCrema (along with some Nuavia).

There is still some out there...just not from PannaCrema. I think Italian Barber still has it in stock. Nice scent, but honestly none of the soaps have a scent that sticks very long. But excellent performer.

Not sure. Should have delivered to my work, but I was home today with sick kids. Hopefully I get to walk into a box of awesomeness tomorrow.

I suspect that come January there won't be anything left. Italian Barber is the only one with any in stock and has been for quite some time.

I realize that I may miss out, but that's life.

I believe that Italian Barber is the only mail order source in North America for PannaCrema, so I'll be dealing with them come January unless I order directly from PannaCrema.

Well folks, I'm just going to give a few initial impressions about what's in the box. First off the box is getting better every time i get it (this is my third). The first time I got the box there was one soap I had any interest in at all (still one of my favorites) the second time there were a few that I liked and this time I have no idea what I'm going to take yet. There are a bunch of great brands in here that I'm looking forward to trying.

First off about my (shaving wise because the rest is boring). I tend to prefer the citrus type scents. I'm also a menthol person, but not the freeze your face off. I like lightly cooling best. I've only been wetshaving a little over 2 years now. I don't have a rad (2 razors and a shavette of which I only use the wolfman, the feather popular is for traveling). I have 3 brushes. Soaps may be that I have a slight AD. Not hundreds, but probably 15 or so.

With the pass this time, I'm looking to try out some brands that I haven't yet, even if the scent isn't one I would typically go for. I'm also trying to broaden my scent horizon so some of those other (non citrus) scents are on the table. I usually prefer tallow soaps, but I'm not exclusive to them because there are some great non-tallow soaps out there (Dr. Jon's is one of them I found thanks to the pass last time around).

So here are my initial impressions.
#24 I'm not sure on this one. Not a scent that I would reach for and looking around there isn't rally a scent that they make that screams try me to me, so I'll probably pass.
#125 Tried this one last time around. I'd love to have some of this in my den, but since I've tried this I'll refrain this time to let others who haven't. It's a great scent and an even better shave.
#131 Another that I'm not sure of this one. Kind of a floral scent and with my allergies... well it's just not good.
#132 Same maker as 131, but a more cologne type of scent. I may give this one a try if I have time.
#129 Not my favorite scent, but there are other scents from this maker I'm interested, so I'll probably give this one a try.
#130 Don't care for this scent and since I have tried this maker I'll pass on this one.
#124 This is the third time I've gotten a sniff of this one, and I still don't care for it. Really kind of makes me sad because of the great reviews it gets.
#127 Going to pass on this one too. Scent just doesn't do anything for me.
Now on to the things that aren't sample only
#722 May be on my list of things to try. Sandalwood scent, which is ok for my, but this maker has some other scents that I want to try so it's a try for the shave feel.
#736 This is a scent that I just can't do. I know there are a bunch who love this but it just turns my stomach. Sad because they make so many scents that sound great.
#737 I've passed on this one before, but I might give it a try if there is time.
#745 I've got another soap from this maker, but this scent is different. I might lather this one to see what he scent is like, but I'll pass on the shave.
#739 Same maker as 722. Probably won't try this as the scent isn't for me and I'm just trying 722 for the performance.
#755 Will be trying this one. It's a citrus scent from a maker that I've not tried. I don't really get the citrus, but with the box setting right next to me, I'm sure I'm missing some stuff.
#751 Another one on the list that will be tried. Another citrus type scent and from a maker that I've not tried, but wanted to.
#752 Different kind of scent for this one. I'll try this one because if I don't like the scent there are some other scents they make that I'm interested in.
#735 Might have to try this one. I don't get the citrus scent that's in there, but I'm interested in the brand.
#733 I will be trying this one. Mint type scent from a maker I've wanted to try.
#734 Same maker as 733, but I'm not a fan of this scent as much. May give it another sniff test later to see if that changes though.
#748 Had soaps from this maker before and got rid of it because I thought it was a bit drying. I may try this one because I really like the scents.
#749 Same maker as 748 and smells like the cologne that I wear when I have to put on the noose(neck tie). Like the scent ok, but will only try 748 or 749.
#754 this one smells like a hand soap I've used. I'll give it a try as they have a ton of different scents.
#747 Well thought of maker. I'm so so on the scent, but I'm going to give it a try to find out about performance.
#746 Same maker as 747, but this is another one of those scents that I don't care for.

Now I'm going to have to print this whole thing off to help refresh my memory as to what I'm going to try.

The box looks great guys.

InNae

Today's shave was #733. I've been eyeing up this maker for a while. They have a bunch of different scents that I thought looked appealing. This isn't a scent that I thought I would like due to a rough night with Rumpleminze (took me years to get to where I could stand being around a peppermint stick). Yes, it's peppermint. That checks off the menthol for me. It was a nice light cooling with an actually pleasant scent, to my nose anyway. The scent was sort of similar to Citrus Mint Blast from Tiki without the citrus. Light and pleasing. The soap was not a real soft soap and it was easy to get a sample to put in my bowl to lather.

Lather developed nicely. Didn't have to work hard to get it to develop. The scent remained the same, maybe lightening up some, but for me with peppermint that's a good thing.

The shave is the true test though. Brushed the lather on my face and worked it some more to really get a nice creamy lather. The shave was great. I was using an ASTRA for the third day which is about my limit. Nice and comfortable with no burning or irritation. It's been about 2 hours since I've shaved and my face feels great. Smooth and moisturized, which is important to me.

This is a strong competitor to remain in my den.

InNae

Today's shave was #755. This was supposed to be a citrus scent, but like I said in the sniff test, I just didn't get it. What I did get was a bay rum scent. I'm not a fan of the bay rum so this one won't be on my list of things to take.

The lather was a nice creamy lather that easily formed.

The shave was nice. Smooth with no irritation and my face felt fine afterward. I was a bit concerned while shaving because it felt like it was a bit drying. In the end though the shave was good.

While I won't be taking this soap, I won't be disregarding this maker. I may try and find some samples of the other scents to try.

InNae

[MENTION=82206]InNae[/MENTION]
Now that is what I call a review! Fantastic descriptions!
Looking forward reading the reviews on all the soaps you said you would be trying. :thumbup:

Today's shave was #733. I've been eyeing up this maker for a while. They have a bunch of different scents that I thought looked appealing. This isn't a scent that I thought I would like due to a rough night with Rumpleminze (took me years to get to where I could stand being around a peppermint stick). Yes, it's peppermint. That checks off the menthol for me. It was a nice light cooling with an actually pleasant scent, to my nose anyway. The scent was sort of similar to Citrus Mint Blast from Tiki without the citrus. Light and pleasing. The soap was not a real soft soap and it was easy to get a sample to put in my bowl to lather.

Lather developed nicely. Didn't have to work hard to get it to develop. The scent remained the same, maybe lightening up some, but for me with peppermint that's a good thing.

The shave is the true test though. Brushed the lather on my face and worked it some more to really get a nice creamy lather. The shave was great. I was using an ASTRA for the third day which is about my limit. Nice and comfortable with no burning or irritation. It's been about 2 hours since I've shaved and my face feels great. Smooth and moisturized, which is important to me.

This is a strong competitor to remain in my den.

InNae

I like this one a lot as well, but it causes me a bit of irritation (I get that a lot)

Today's shave was #755. This was supposed to be a citrus scent, but like I said in the sniff test, I just didn't get it. What I did get was a bay rum scent. I'm not a fan of the bay rum so this one won't be on my list of things to take.

The lather was a nice creamy lather that easily formed.

The shave was nice. Smooth with no irritation and my face felt fine afterward. I was a bit concerned while shaving because it felt like it was a bit drying. In the end though the shave was good.

While I won't be taking this soap, I won't be disregarding this maker. I may try and find some samples of the other scents to try.

InNae

It's not a typical citrus but I'm surprised to hear you say bay rum, as I don't get any of the clove you normally get from a bay rum. I think it has a bit of an ozone scent to it.

Glad you liked the brand if you've not tried them before. :)

Today's soap was #754. After another sniff test I found there wasn't much of a scent to this one. Upon lathering I did get a bit of the citrus scent, but it was weak and I prefer them to be a stronger. If you like lightly scented soaps, this one may appeal to you.

The lather built up great. Another testament to the condition of the box. The first 3 soaps I've tried lathered wonderfully. Nice creamy lather with good protection. It was a great shave.

The after shave feel was not as good for me. I like my skin to feel moisturized after the shave, and it felt a bit tight. Not to the point where I wanted to put something on my face, but not as nice as the shave with the first to soaps. This is a vary subjective thing and I know that there are people out there who like that kind of feel after the shave. If that's you, this is a great soap.

This was a bit of a disappointment for my, I really wanted to like this one for the face feel. The brand has a ton of different scents and I know there are a bunch of people who really enjoy them.

InNae

Top Bottom