What's new

2nd brush help.

Very nice handle, sir! It actually looks better than i had thought! It is one of the type of knots i didn't buy. The Yaqi support service threatened to ban me because they said they wanted to have enough stock to serve other customers too! :laugh:
Yes it goes under the name Rainbow Pony, I like it because it is not so springy to fling lather around.
132717D4-B6F4-4581-BF42-8918EE89C22F.jpeg

Yes it goes under the name Rainbow Pony, I like it because it is not so springy to fling lather around.
View attachment 1260578

The transparent part is really very beautiful. :001_tt1: The way i facelather i don't think i had issues with lather flying around with any of the Yaqis. Probably the tuxedo is the most "dangerous" in doing so. But i don't remember having problem with that either...

Last edited:
Addendum to my previous post.

Most common chinese knots. They have different colors.

- Plissoft:

View attachment 1260520

- Timberwolf

- View attachment 1260521

- Mew Brown:

View attachment 1260522

- Motherlode:

View attachment 1260523

- Tuxedo:

View attachment 1260524

There is also completely blonde the chashmere and maybe one completely white...

The Tuxedo has the highest backbone. Some Semogue boars have less backbone. The plissoft the lowest backbone. The others are in between, with probably not much difference.
Thank you so much Burundi master🙏🙏

linty1

My wallet cries.
I'll second the call for boars, they are pretty good even nit completely broken in, and once broken in, are so so soft and with backbone to boot (although the bb on mine has been slowly lessening). would recommend.

Thank you so much Burundi master🙏🙏

You are most welcome, sir! The brush is the part of the shave that i appreciate the most and it is also the easiest to rotate to have variety. Your Chubby deserves a friend, who will give him relief to dry between shaves! :biggrin1:

I'll second the call for boars, they are pretty good even nit completely broken in, and once broken in, are so so soft and with backbone to boot (although the bb on mine has been slowly lessening). would recommend.
My original reply was for a synthetic brush because @dfs mentioned synthetics. However, Boar brushes open up a whole new world of possibilities.
So, I’ll add a second recommendation: Omega 20102 Boar Brush, costs about $13, and its nicknames is Badger killer. When broken in it is amazing.
A5785A82-3D01-47E1-AF57-2178801291E3.jpeg
1F9E245E-0DCA-4D18-B138-CD56A2D3B05F.jpeg

Thanks. So many choices just in synthetic, so I think will save boar for brush #3🙂
Good call. There are also a ton of great Boar brushes from Omega, Semogue, and Zenith to name a few...it can be overwhelming.
Looks like the synthetic recommendations are great, I’m sure you can find one or two or three or...that you’ll be pleased with.
Best luck with your search.

Reactions: dfs
I used one brush for 10 years (Omega boar). I just bought my second (Parker silvertip badger). I bought it for two reasons: 1) I wanted a second brush, so one could completely dry while I used the other; 2) I was curious about silvertip badger brushes. So far, I am still using the badger more, because I've been trying to use up the last bits of Mitchell's Wool Fat soap, after which I will start into a Proraso red and a Tabac and start using the badger to give a good test drive.

I used one brush for 10 years (Omega boar). I just bought my second (Parker silvertip badger). I bought it for two reasons: 1) I wanted a second brush, so one could completely dry while I used the other; 2) I was curious about silvertip badger brushes. So far, I am still using the badger more, because I've been trying to use up the last bits of Mitchell's Wool Fat soap, after which I will start into a Proraso red and a Tabac and start using the badger to give a good test drive.
I meant to say I'm still using the *boar* more....

Top Bottom