What's new

25 cent improvised shave brush

Great idea.

But with boars and synthetics so cheap, anyone but the most impoverished (or just the curious and eccentric) will be better served to just buy a real brush.

(Sent from mobile)

How is the facefeel and backbone ;)
Well, that depends on whether or not the brush is held with the folded part of the brush head perpendicular to the thumb.

That's entirely up to one's own preference.

IMG_20211217_095617214.jpg
IMG_20211217_095636161.jpg

It amazes me that folks need to go to lengths like this because they are afraid to lose a shave brush on the road!! There are some great inexpensive brushes available today and quite a few are less than $20 and can be easily replaced if one is left behind....

$10 at TurnNShave... Who cares if it gets left behind!!

1640440381022.png

When people describe a brush as "like a mop" that is usually not considered high praise. However, I think you have taken it to the next level.

:D

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Buy a brush, it was designed to please folks. I have something that is a little better then that is called Gillette gel and you can just use your hands to make nice lather.
But no harm in experimenting and it kind of looks like a 30% chance it would work possibly. Good conversation piece, Thanks for sharing & putting a smile on my face!

Based on what a shave brush is supposed to do, break down solid soap while mixing the soap with water and air, retain heat and water, and exfoliate, I thought of a way to make a cheap improvised travel shave brush that should work well enough while also being inexpensive enough to get lost without causing worry.

A coiled-up net shower sponge should do the trick

I bought a four-pack of net shower sponges, hacked off the bottom off a standard 3" by 1.25" prescription bottle, unraveled one net shower sponge, rolled it up around a stick, and forced the roll through the prescription bottle with a string.

See pictures below.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

View attachment 1242932

View attachment 1242933

View attachment 1242934

View attachment 1242935

View attachment 1242936
Yeah, right!
And then you just use it with the bar soap that's in the hotel room.
:frown2:

I would try this. I'd need more backbone and less loft though lol. On second thought it is fully adjustable. Maybe the next gen scrubby brush! I'm in.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
A synthetic brush that works very well and only about USD 2 or a bit more including shipping from China.
IMG_20211128_204024.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This is a ripoff. I got mine for much less. Absolutely the same. :lol:

View attachment 1384344
I hate it when someone buys cheaper than I do!

You only bought one? I buy them in half-a-dozen lots to save on the exorbitant shipping costs. The brush it reviewed here:

Last edited:
Top Bottom