What's new

25 cent improvised shave brush

Based on what a shave brush is supposed to do, break down solid soap while mixing the soap with water and air, retain heat and water, and exfoliate, I thought of a way to make a cheap improvised travel shave brush that should work well enough while also being inexpensive enough to get lost without causing worry.

A coiled-up net shower sponge should do the trick

I bought a four-pack of net shower sponges, hacked off the bottom off a standard 3" by 1.25" prescription bottle, unraveled one net shower sponge, rolled it up around a stick, and forced the roll through the prescription bottle with a string.

See pictures below.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

images.jpeg

20210305_144444.jpg

20210305_144710.jpg

20210305_145938.jpg

20210305_150506.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Based on what a shave brush is supposed to do, break down solid soap while mixing the soap with water and air, retain heat and water, and exfoliate, I thought of a way to make a cheap improvised travel shave brush that should work well enough while also being inexpensive enough to get lost without causing worry.

A coiled-up net shower sponge should do the trick

I bought a four-pack of net shower sponges, hacked off the bottom off a standard 3" by 1.25" prescription bottle, unraveled one net shower sponge, rolled it up around a stick, and forced the roll through the prescription bottle with a string.

See pictures below.

Please give it a try and let me know what you think!

View attachment 1242932

View attachment 1242933

View attachment 1242934

View attachment 1242935

View attachment 1242936
Ingenious!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
While that is quite an ingenious idea, and I always applaud creative thinking, I believe my sub-$10 Razorock Bruce brush does an excellent job as a travel brush. I can’t see that gadget whipping up lather as well as a cheap synth. And even when I travel, I like to relax and enjoy a high quality shave experience. Now if I ever somehow forgot my brush, then maybe a visit to the dollar store would save the day!

Just put a piece of shavingsoap in a sisal soap pouch. Not as super as a brush but it works. And yeah I know because normally that pouch has my shower soap. But on holiday I dropped my brush and the handle shattered.... and my trip was going for two more weeks. So yes works.
But I still have a couple of spare brushes so will take one of them with me.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
While that is quite an ingenious idea, and I always applaud creative thinking, I believe my sub-$10 Razorock Bruce brush does an excellent job as a travel brush. I can’t see that gadget whipping up lather as well as a cheap synth. And even when I travel, I like to relax and enjoy a high quality shave experience. Now if I ever somehow forgot my brush, then maybe a visit to the dollar store would save the day!
I'm thinking this would be BEST used for face lathering.

I'm thinking this would be BEST used for face lathering.
Lol still use a spongue for lathering other regions prior to summer shave... that is more a hygiëne thingy in case you did cut yourself. Still using tea tree soap for the same reason below the neck line.....

Top Bottom