What's new

24mm Fan knot recommendations

Looking to try a fan knot for my 24 mm Alpha brush ferrule. Looking for the best value / quality. Who do you recommend and why

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Looking to try a fan knot for my 24 mm Alpha brush ferrule. Looking for the best value / quality. Who do you recommend and why

Some idea of your budget would be useful, and what qualities you're looking for. Stiff, scrubby, soft, dense, etc.

At the high budget end Shavemac are well worth considering. I like the company's two-band silvertip, which has a very comfortable face feel, yet has good backbone and nice flow through. Also, Shavemac knots are very consistent. A bit lower in cost are the Elite Manchurian and High Mountain knots, which I also find suit my shaving preferences.

Some idea of your budget would be useful, and what qualities you're looking for. Stiff, scrubby, soft, dense, etc.

At the high budget end Shavemac are well worth considering. I like the company's two-band silvertip, which has a very comfortable face feel, yet has good backbone and nice flow through. Also, Shavemac knots are very consistent. A bit lower in cost are the Elite Manchurian and High Mountain knots, which I also find suit my shaving preferences.
Was hoping to stay under $50usd. I enjoy medium soft tips and a bit of backbone. A little scritch is fine. Don't like floppy and limp brushes. Trying to find an all around great perorming high value knot.

I live in the UK, so I'm not completely familiar with prices in USD. However, I'm sure you could get a Whipped Dog High Mountain knot for well under $50. It's a good knot, with the qualities you're looking for, and great for the price. Also, Larry, the owner of Whipped Dog, is very helpful and really stands behind his products.

You might get a Finest knot from The Golden Nib (TGN) for $50, or perhaps a bit more, although it's a while since I looked at that website. Another option is to buy a knot from the Far East through the well known auction site. Most knots are made there anyways, apart from a few really top end ones like those from Shavemac, Paladin and M&F. I've had some nice ones from an outfit called Ace Shaving. They're more like $20 or so.

Maseto or TGN would be good options. Elite's knots would run you a bit more than $50 but are very nice.
You could also look at Envy Shave , the envy white supreme is a killer knot but might have more backbone than you're looking for. I have 2 actually and love them, its a great face-lathering knot.

Last edited:
Those elite knots look really nice. Where does one find a Maseto Fan knot for sale, my searches are coming up short...

I am also considering TGN knots.

Maseto or TGN would be good options. Elite's knots would run you a bit more than $50 but are very nice.
You could also look at Envy Shave , the envy white supreme is a killer knot but might have more backbone than you're looking for. I have 2 actually and love them, its a great face-lathering knot.

Those elite knots look really nice. Where does one find a Maseto Fan knot for sale, my searches are coming up short...

I am also considering TGN knots.
I think they’re mostly (or all?) through eBay. If you search Maseto knot or brush it’ll pull up from seller classicshop2012

Found a few Maseto brushes and knots but no fan knots.

I would try messaging the seller, I've a bunch of fan-shaped knots in photos across the forums so he might be able to sell an individual knot if you ask and he only has bulbs currently listed.

For around $50.00 you can’t beat maseto 2 band fan shape in my opinion.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Elite Shaving Manchurian knots are exceptional. Maybe over your budget by ten bucks but they're an excellent value and perform well above their price point. Something that can hang with a $100 2 band Shavemac knot and hold it's own quite well. They do sell these as loose knots.

If money were no object I'd point you toward Declaration Grooming but that's around $130 which is more than twice what you want to spend.

Maggard's said in their newsletter that fan knots are due in soon. I'm sure they'll be great like their bulb counterparts are. Excellent knots. I'm going to order a couple of the fans when they come in.

TGN is good. Fast and easy to get.

Top Bottom