What's new

23mm Shavemac Finest - is it too big for soaps

I started using tabac and mama bears soaps. I'm planning on buying a new shavemac from westcoastshaving, but can't decide between the 21mm and the 23mm in finest. I'd prefer the bigger brush.

Is the 23mm too big for soaps? Or is the 21mm better than the 23mm?

I started using tabac and mama bears soaps. I'm planning on buying a new shavemac from westcoastshaving, but can't decide between the 21mm and the 23mm in finest. I'd prefer the bigger brush.

Is the 23mm too big for soaps? Or is the 21mm better than the 23mm?

I have some pretty big brushes - Kent BK8 & the infamous SMF III - and I use them very very happily with soap... I'd suggest you get the brush you want & make it do as it's told!

MASH that puppy into soap!

I don't find 23mm knots to be too unwieldy in the soap dish. In fact, I think 21mm-23mm is the perfect range of sizes for the soap dish. 25mm is pushing it in my book ... that said, there are many out there that use soaps with 28mm+ brushes.

Moral of the story: If you'd prefer the 23mm then get that it will be a dynamite performer in the soap dish.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I use a 21 mm pure shavemac knot for both soaps and creams, works for me, but then there is not much difference between a 21 and 23 mm knot.

I use a Shavemac 23mm finest on soaps and it performs wonderfully.
I just get my soap wet before I shower and when I'am done in the shower it's set to go.

Have fun and enjoy that Shavemac.. Great brushes

Bruce

I have 2 large rooneys 26mm and all I use are soaps. They are big but I dont find them bothersome while loading soap from even the small Harris wooden bowls. In fact I wish rooney made a 30mm.

I don't find 23mm knots to be too unwieldy in the soap dish. In fact, I think 21mm-23mm is the perfect range of sizes for the soap dish. 25mm is pushing it in my book ... that said, there are many out there that use soaps with 28mm+ brushes.

Moral of the story: If you'd prefer the 23mm then get that it will be a dynamite performer in the soap dish.

I agree with Jeremy!

No, they're not too big. I have 25mm & 26mm Shavemacs along with a 27mm Simpson I use with nothing but soaps.

I have several brushes of various sizes, but the ones I use the most are between 19mm and 23mm. I like a smaller brush and go for my 21mm most often. I use it on both soaps and creams and it is excellent on both. I think you just have to try dif. combo's and find what works best for you. Enjoy, and have fun finding what's best. :tongue: :001_tongu

Yah, the 21mm is a pretty small brush. The 23mm should be fine for soaps.

Top Bottom