What's new

22mm or 24mm?

I think 22 will work fine for you, but you should consider the High mountain. Of the two WD knots I have, the High mountain has softer tips and more backbone and it's the same price. It's a little less dense though. Either is a great choice, and honestly the 24 is only slightly laller and wider then the 22. My other badger brush is a restored handle with a small 20mm TGN Finest, and while it's a little stiffer and scrubbier, the difference is not that great. They are all great brushes for not a lot of money, you can't go wrong!

That said, my WD 22mm ST is the second brush of that specification I bought from Larry. The first I had for a couple of years before losing it travelling this December. After 3 months of not having it I bought another, and the 24mm. No regrets at all about buying it in 22 over 24, or in silvertip. The size and feel of it is something I always want in my rotation. The knot feels really close to the same, too, as close as I'd ever expect of a hair product.

Depends on how many passes you like to make. Bigger brushes hold more lather.

If you are a two pass shaver, you can get away with a 22mm brush, but a 24mm will hold a little extra lather. For three passes, definitely go with a 24mm.

Also consider a fan shaped brush which feels bigger on the face.

Top Bottom