What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

22mm/26mm Silvertip or Silvertip 2 Band?

I have an Acca Kappa 23mm handle and an Omega 28mm handle in need of new knots. Going with the recommended glue clearance of 1-2mm that would dictate a 22mm and a 26mm knot.

Even though this will be the first time I have tried to set a knot, I don't want to just get a cheapo knot and have to redo it later.
That makes the glue choice simple, 2-part epoxy, which I have been using for decades.

I'm going with a Shavemac badger, but which badger? A Silvertip, a Silvertip 2-Band, a Silvertip D01, a Silvertip 2-Band D01; do I get a Fan or a Bulb?
I primarily face lather, but most of my brushes I think are bulbs.
The knots that I have been considering are the 26mm Silvertip Bulb and 22mm Silvertip 2-Band Fan with 2mm extra loft.

I have ruled out the D01's as I have a Simpson PJ2 in Super Badger, and I want something not quite as dense, with more loft, more scrub, less backbone, and no scritch.

Any thoughts or tips?

20210404_124310[1].jpg

The Acca Kappa is really starting to take shape, and the knot has been ordered. Shavemac 22mm Silvertip 2-Band Fan with 2mm extra loft.
@Rudy Vey says the Shavemac knots tend to run 1mm over and the 22mm should fit nice and snug. I can always open the hole a bit. I also ordered a 26mm for my other handle.

20210407_150202.jpg

Top Bottom