What's new

22lr Aguila Interceptor + PPK/S KABOOM

That's why I said (empirical) evidence, which is not really concrete evidence per se. I don't have any axe to grind against walther at all, but the firearm is the only constant in the equation.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
That's why I said (empirical) evidence, which is not really concrete evidence per se. I don't have any axe to grind against walther at all, but the firearm is the only constant in the equation.
And the user and the reporter.

But there are a whole herd of Walther 22LR PPK/s out there and not a whole herd of such failure reports.

And the user and the reporter.

I was only referring to the OP in my post.

But there are a whole herd of Walther 22LR PPK/s out there and not a whole herd of such failure reports.
There are some reports of case blowout on the walther forum in both the PPK/S and PPQ, only in 22lr.

I agree we do not have enough concrete data to lay blame squarely without deviation on either the ammo or the gun.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
...and here it shows rilfe only, hollowpoints. Makes you wonder.
Operative Song Title:
Chicago’s: “Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is”

Scroll down below their ‘Firearm >Rifle’ admonishment & we discover the always charming, Aguila girl throwing Interceptors downrange .... via a pistol :confused1!

If forced to take a stab in the dark, for my money I’d bet that the recoil spring, unable to keep pace with warmer rounds - e.g., the Interceptor - is causing Carl W’s SS .22 to fire, ever so slightly, out of battery.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Operative Song Title:
Chicago’s: “Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is”

Scroll down below their ‘Firearm >Rifle’ admonishment & we discover the always charming, Aguila girl throwing Interceptors downrange .... via a pistol :confused1!

If forced to take a stab in the dark, for my money I’d bet that the recoil spring, unable to keep pace with warmer rounds - e.g., the Interceptor - is causing Carl W’s SS .22 to fire, ever so slightly, out of battery.
I'd like to see how they get that rifled "sleeve" in the barrel. Pressed in? Is it possible that it caused the exit hole to be too small for the bullet to exit? Lol, just another rabbit trail, but this whole scenario is weird, and goes to show you just how easy it is to screw up ANYTHING in the manufacturing process of just about ANY automated system, be it guns or ammo or a loaf of bread!

Walther fixed it one day. Doesn't say anything besides the parts that were changed (well, not replaced since they blew off). Turnaround was 2 days there + transit. Aguila sent a new box and wants the original back to analyze. Doubt much will come out of it.... but maybe back to base line. I guess from now on: CCI only

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Walther fixed it one day. Doesn't say anything besides the parts that were changed (well, not replaced since they blew off). Turnaround was 2 days there + transit. Aguila sent a new box and wants the original back to analyze. Doubt much will come out of it.... but maybe back to base line. I guess from now on: CCI only
Let's hope it was a bad batch. I'm glad to hear Walther was able to fix her up!

Let's hope it was a bad batch. I'm glad to hear Walther was able to fix her up!
I discovered I have a "brick" of that ammo.....different Lot #.....not eager to use it....but now....beggars can't be choosers. Will use in rifle.....probably....

Might go test fire Walther....it's always anxiety provoking....kabooms are not fun...but of all ammo , 22 is the best if this happens.
Bullpup rifles make me a bit anxious....

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I discovered I have a "brick" of that ammo.....different Lot #.....not eager to use it....but now....beggars can't be choosers. Will use in rifle.....probably....

I would stick to using such ammo in a sturdy bolt action rifle.

Top Bottom