What's new

.22 pistolas

My all-time favorite: a 1953 Colt Officers Model Match .22LR. My dad bought it new, passed it to me, and someday it will go to one of my sons. It has a very smooth Python action, great balance, and old-school class. A pleasure to shoot. They really knew how to make 'em back then.

Attachments

• OMM22.jpg
    OMM22.jpg
    924.1 KB · Views: 25
My all-time favorite: a 1953 Colt Officers Model Match .22LR. My dad bought it new, passed it to me, and someday it will go to one of my sons. It has a very smooth Python action, great balance, and old-school class. A pleasure to shoot. They really knew how to make 'em back then.

That's a beauty and certainly something to be proud of.

To be honest, I'm really enjoying my Ruger Mark IV Target. It's been reliable with everything I feed it, the stock trigger is light and clean and it's crazy accurate. So much better than my Buckmark.

I also have a S&W 22/32. Nice little revolver, but one of the more difficult triggers out of anything I own.

I like the all the Ruger MK series, but prefer the I and II. I believe the machine work is better in them over the III. I like the one piece milled grip of the IV. I also don't believe the finish is as nice in them as the I and II guns.

Old photo of a Ruger MKII I modded with a Volquartson upper, custom trigger-stop and multi-reticle red-dot, for casual bullseye shooting (meaning mainly for funsies). I forget who made the grips but I do remember they were hard to get a hold of... They were worth the trouble, though.

This pistol is absolutely stupid accurate with, of all things, CCI Mini-Mag ammo.
Ruger MKII - Bullseye.jpg

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Digging the TX22 but I would like to add a few Tandem Kross bits to it a'la the Victory trigger and the Titan mag release. Maybe the fiber optic sights too.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
My target 22 pistols (K-22 and 41) have been gone for a couple decades now and all I have are some plinkers; my Bobcat and Taurus Poly as well as a Walther PPk/s.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Plinked quite a bit when I was a kid with my older brother and my Dad’s Marlin model 60. haven’t been much of a plinker since adulthood.

A Ruger 10/22 and a couple of Wranglers is it. I bet I have around 20,000 rounds in .22 ammo though. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I love shooting .22 silhouettes. Knocking those little animals over from 25 to 100 yards while shooting offhand is very satisfying.

I have 6 grandsons under the age of 5, so will have to wait a few years. I have a 13 yo grandson, but between his two baseball teams, friends and his newly acquired iPhone, I might not get much range time with him. I have a 7 year old Grandson who’s overly protective momma, won’t even allow me to teach him to shoot at Granny’s toilet paper rolls with the Daisy.

Why are women natural party poopers to doing guy stuff? :(

I can't answer that...No kids, so no grandkids.

Ain't nobody pooping on my party. I do guy stuff everyday...lol..Today is the only day this week I have not been to a gun range.

Top Bottom