What's new

.22 Lovers... CCP SSG

Over the years, all of us find that one gun or gun smith that we just chase for what seems like a lifetime...

About 6 years ago, I stumbled upon a few pistols made by Joe Chambers. As soon as I saw these pistols, I knew I had to have one. I immediately called Joe and placed my order. Over the years I have had the privilege of not only learning a lot about Joe, but also making a good friend.

Since the first Chambers gun I ordered, I have also placed orders for several others with not only Joe, but many other custom gun smiths... Around 2 or 3 years ago, Joe offered a very short run of .22LR Upper conversions. I was pretty excited and convinced I would buy one, but... Sometimes life serves you up a **** sandwich and what you plan on doing just does not work out.

A few people I know, knew I missed the run of only 20 conversions made... And they knew I would always be looking for an SSG .22 Conversion until I found one. I was very lucky enough to be presented the opportunity to buy a used one (upper only) from a shooter who is now sponsored by one of the biggest shooting teams in the country... and with sponsorship, comes commitment to using said sponsors equipment.

I was able to work out a deal and have the conversion sent back to Joe for inspection as well as a full fitting to a new frame for it. Out of pure luck, the conversion I got was serial #20... and Joe just so happen to have serial #20 frame that would be a perfect match!
The finished pistol is incredible... The overall craftsmanship is honestly second to none and I can say its likely the finest pistol I have handled. Its amazing how the pistol feels in hand... the stippling with the Aztec cuts is something that doesn't feel like anything else I have had, and is absolutely the best feeling stipple work I have felt on a gun (thats a tall statement coming from me).

The blending is spot on, the finish is perfect... everything inside and out is honestly as good as it gets.

This will undoubtedly be the gun that I will be teaching my son to shoot with, which gives it even more meaning to me...

Not only is this pistol special for the reasons I mentioned up top, but its also been used to shoot a Police National Record for indoor slow fire and the shooter shot an 895-48 and made the Mayleigh Cup National team... 895-48 is ridiculous.

I am proud to present a pistol I have lusted over for a long time... one that I was not sure I would get, a true Unicorn! A pistol put together for me by my friend Joe!!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's 19 away from being absolutely one-of-a-kind. Really an incredible gun. The grouping is phenomenal.

I have a decent 1911 and am neither here or there on the platform... but would consider giving my left hand for the chance to have one and shoot it w/my remaining right hand. Congratulations!

It's 19 away from being absolutely one-of-a-kind. Really an incredible gun. The grouping is phenomenal.

Even though there were 20 SSG uppers made, there are only 3 that have a matched upper and lower serial number.

Add to that the stippling and Aztec cuts, short flat trigger, and that Fred Totts made the shades, and mounting for the T1... there is not another gun like this on the planet.

If there were... I would congratulate the other owner as they would have a truly special bullseye pistol that would be nearly impossible to out shoot!

Though not a fan of the actor, I feel this Meme is appropriate:

Attachments

• 7917F1F1-543B-4ABA-A52D-80AB4D800473.jpeg
    7917F1F1-543B-4ABA-A52D-80AB4D800473.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Top Bottom