Still in

Gillette Heritage
Perma-Sharp (12)
Yaqi Sagrada Familia
La Toja
Stirling Arkadia

IMG-DSC_5997_5132 (4).jpg

Cheers :cool:

Today I got to thinking, (this is usually when I get myself in trouble), and thought I wanted to shave on back to back days but was concerned as usual because there just didn't seem to be enough stubble to shave and pretty much proved myself right... Although my cheeks wound up with the usual 2 pass BBS, (WTG N/S - XTG Ear to Goatee and ATG Goatee to ear), below my jawline was a different story completely!! I usually do a 3 pass on my neck for my usual BBS, (XTG N/S, ATF R/L, XTG S/N) but today I actually did an extra WTG L/R and to be honest I'm not convinced its even DFS because there is still a bunch of stubble and basically I feel like I really didn't shave there at all... I will wait until Monday to go back to my regular routine and make note of my results which I believe will go back to my usual 16-20hr BBS!!

Still in btw...

SOTDTIBBFT8.jpg

Ti Blackbird / Minora / Frozen Tundra / Wald Calyx / Proraso Green

I had 600 blades arrive this week, so I am now actually out instead of only theoretically out.

I think awareness of this upcoming change in legislation is starting to filter through. Searching on Google, I found threads from a few other hobby forums where people are worried about the impact the new laws might have. In particular, the UK woodworking guys seem worried that they are no longer going to be able to order planes or chisels and the like.

I still hope for a solution, but at the moment it seems like stocking up is the sensible option.

Revisited an old friend this morning that I have not used since last fall, and the 1st soap I purchased after moving away from creams
Flawless three pass, blemish free near BBS shave.

I remember thinking at the time, why would anyone need to buy more soaps? and I was content with this soap for several months, then slowly started to fall down the rabbit hole.

This was a good reminder of not only the purpose of this restraint, but also the fact one does not need to have a different soap for each day of the month(or two months in my case :sad:) , and some that cost more for what is little or no added benefit.

1708889822401.png

Ha! Those are extra. I picked out a clipless pair, and a flat pair.
I'd I could only upgrade one thing on a bike, it would be clipless pedals (SPD). They are a must for me.

Our youngest son just got a job at a local bike shop, so he works there after school. He's unlocked some deep discounts from Shimano and Race Face. The more he learns, the more discounts he gets. Discounts on bikes will be next. They used to sell Gary Fisher, it's where I bought my Paragon MTB decades ago. Now they deal with Giant, Norco, Marin, Salsa and maybe some Cannondale

They'll be making money with him work there as he will be spending more than he's making.

Still in.

Last edited:
I'd I could only upgrade one thing on a bike, it would be clipless pedals (SPD). They are a must for me.

Our youngest son just got a job at a local bike shop, so he works there after school. He's unlocked some deep discounts from Shimano and Race Face. The more he learns, the more discounts he gets. Discounts on bikes will be next. They used to sell Gary Fisher, it's where I bought my Paragon MTB decades ago. Now they deal with Giant, Norco, Marin, Salsa and maybe some Cannondale.

They'll be making money with him work there as he will be spending more than he's making.

Still in.
Great job to have for a youngster. Take advantage of those discounts when you can. I’d opt for a Gary Fisher if I was still MTB’ng. A Salsa would be my 2nd choice but, I’m afraid those days are gone for me. I agree with your opinion on the SPD pedals. A must to have.

I knew that. Thanks. I’m really excited. It’s been 12 years since got a new bike. I was MTB exclusively but, this old body can’t do it like it used to so, I’m going with a gravel bike.
Gravel bikes are great fun. I used to have a really old Trek like thirty years ago that originally came as a MTB but was transformed into something like the one you have bought. Those were the days.

Great job to have for a youngster. Take advantage of those discounts when you can. I’d opt for a Gary Fisher if I was still MTB’ng. A Salsa would be my 2nd choice but, I’m afraid those days are gone for me. I agree with your opinion on the SPD pedals. A must to have.
I would have done anything to have a bike shop job as a kid or younger adult.

One day I may get back into MTB, but for now, like you, I have moved away from MTB and ride the previous version of this. I can use it on road, gravel and light trails.

Top Bottom