What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

PXL_20230328_232119126.jpg

1954 Gillette flair tip Super Speed with Q Shave blade, D.R. Harris Lavender and Parker Badger Silvertip.

Today's soap and brush combo was pure luxury. The razor received a standing ovation and a DFS+ finale.

For your jazz listening pleasure...
1680101806782.png

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Prisoner #10 here and still in. The first quarter was easy, but we still have another three quarters to go. Hang in there everyone.

I’m using my Game Changer .84 this week, loaded with a Gillette SB blade. Paired with Cella, Ive been getting smooth and comfortable shaves. Great results with every shave! I finished off my first aftershave this year, Brut, and have brought in Skin Bracer in anticipation of some warmer weather. I love the menthol in Skin Bracer.

I know that there are faces out there that cannot use the GC .84 every day and I get that. However, this razor could easily be the only one in my den and I would be happy the rest of my life. Being on blood thinners, I do need to careful. However, I do not recall ever nicking myself with the GC .84. This razor is a keeper!

83B53728-F5B9-45C1-B5DC-F6582CE4212E.jpeg

I joined the forum too late to participate officially, but I will be with you unofficially.

I bought a BBS not too long ago, yet I caught myself pining after other razors right away (primarily the Timeless 0.68 and Game Changer 0.68), which baffled me. I'm not a collector and the BBS is an amazing razor that keeps getting better as I become more familiar with it. Logically, it makes no sense to purchase another razor.

I joined the forum too late to participate officially, but I will be with you unofficially.

I bought a BBS not too long ago, yet I caught myself pining after other razors right away (primarily the Timeless 0.68 and Game Changer 0.68), which baffled me. I'm not a collector and the BBS is an amazing razor that keeps getting better as I become more familiar with it. Logically, it makes no sense to purchase another razor.
Feel free to play along from home!

There are also monthly versions you can sign up for too! Here is a link to April's:

I always feel the need to point that this is the best looking scuttle on B&B. If I ever find one I'll fall out in a second. Not even a scuttle guy. It's just that cool.
ya gotta get your brush wet somehow. I face lather, and in cold weather the brush rides up there between passes to keep the lather warm-ish. I'm sure there's more to be found on ebay next year. she didn't cost me much, as they're last century reproductions. the opening only handles up to a fat 24mm brush, so if you go bigger, then it'll be problamatic. that Zenith and my SOC, I have to pinch and twist the knot in.

Date30.03.2023
365 days of shaving89/365 (100%)
GRUYERE89/365 (100%)
GRUME March30/31 (100%)
03/12 (100%)
Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC)
30/31 (100%)
01/12

RazorBladeBrush
Green Cult 2.0 IIGillette 365 (10)
Omega Roma Capitolina
SoapPasses
Pre- & Post-shave
Mike’s Barbershop
(3:here)
(2.5: here)
Cold splash
Floïd

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)9/10 (tiny weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+)
7.5/10 (harsher than yesterday)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in and thanks to the dedication of this group I am going to complete a first ever quarter of restraint. There consecutive months!! Hang in there brothers! We have got this!

The G365 went into double digits today. The GC2 is just a dream to shave with.

A very nice shave with great results. Tomorrow is the last day for this blade in the Piccolo SE.

Further details to today’s shave can be found here.

Enjoy your shave!

Q1 check in. Still in and no temptations yet.

Wasn't feeling fully awake after a poor night's sleep. Showered and went through my normal shave routine. Grabbed the bottle of aftershave not realizing that the cap wasn't fully on and started shaking it to mix up the contents. Holy moly, aftershave on the mirror, the floor, and in my eyes! That burned pretty darn good. Washed out my eyes until I could see clearly and it stopped stinging. I guess I learned a lesson this morning. 🤦‍♂️

20230330_063025.jpg

Prisoner #10 here and still in. The first quarter was easy, but we still have another three quarters to go. Hang in there everyone.

I’m using my Game Changer .84 this week, loaded with a Gillette SB blade. Paired with Cella, Ive been getting smooth and comfortable shaves. Great results with every shave! I finished off my first aftershave this year, Brut, and have brought in Skin Bracer in anticipation of some warmer weather. I love the menthol in Skin Bracer.

I know that there are faces out there that cannot use the GC .84 every day and I get that. However, this razor could easily be the only one in my den and I would be happy the rest of my life. Being on blood thinners, I do need to careful. However, I do not recall ever nicking myself with the GC .84. This razor is a keeper!

View attachment 1628998
I have the GC .84 open comb and can use it everyday. I rotate it out with my Lupo .72. I shave everyday and don't see myself getting another razor.

Top Bottom