Post Shave Routine and products:
1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2
2 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
3 - Alum block
4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
5 - Aftershave - Black Magic alcohol free
6 - Balm: Nivea Sensitive Skin

Time from shower on to dressed and ready: 53

NOTES: First time using a feather blade; I am impressed and look forward to seeing if it will go 4 or 5 good shaves like my current favorite Astra SP. Smooth, irritation free, DFS+ DCS+. No feedback from the alum or aftershave. Very pleased and very relaxing.
Quality: 9.75/10
Comfort: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
Total: 9.92/10

You would make an excellent psychic my friend!

Yes, among other things (seen a very nice vintage handle on a local site too).

It’s more curiosity I guess, but this razor has been on my radar for quite some time. And I know these will be available in the future - at least I am not expecting Karve to discontinue the CB anytime soon. And seeing the exposures it appears to be very similar to the Green Cult - with more intermediate gaps and exposures.

I should have listed that one as my exception (lesson learned)!!

Cheers,

Guido
I'm glad I could pull you back on track...

The Karve CB is an excellent razor IMO.
Excellent craftsmanship, being sold at a resonable price. And, true, I have no doubts, Karve CB will still be around in 2024... 😀 I have a second spare CB razor in brass in my den, so we would be able to find a solution anyway, if I'm wrong 😉

Be seeing you!

Guido!
I'm glad I could pull you back on track...
I am not out of the Black Forest yet, but slowly coming to grips.
The Karve CB is an excellent razor IMO.
Excellent craftsmanship, being sold at a resonable price.
You know you are actually selling that razor to me! Knowing that you have the Green Cult too sort of reassured me that these razors can coexist in one den.

You have a second spare? So three in total? You must really like this razor!

And I like your thinking and kindness in this matter. Super appreciated brother!

Cheers,

The other one

PS: if you don’t mind me asking: which plate and handle does your spare have?

You know you are actually selling that razor to me! Knowing that you have the Green Cult too sort of reassured me that these razors can coexist in one den.
Sure, lovely razors which provide excellent shaves can coexist in a den... 😀 I really like my Karve CBs and I'm glad THEY brought them with me into The Village #suitcase 😉

You have a second spare? So three in total? You must really like this razor!
As stated, I do. I already had a SS one and a brass one when a lucky coincidence gave me the chance to buy a brass Karve Gladius handle. I had to wait almost forever (18+ months, IIRC) until I eventually could scratch that Gladius itch. Since the standard handle wouldn't perfectly fit on other razor heads (Karve features a 10/32 thread on the CBs) I decided to add a separate top cap to the cart for some coins... this is why I have three complete razors now.

The brass Karve CB was introduced in 2018, which is the birth year of my son... so a brass razor will change ownership in a decade or so... if and to the extent my parentual guidance doesn't fail... 🤪

And I like your thinking and kindness in this matter. Super appreciated brother
Welcome! 😀

Be seeing you!

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
Man just glancing over my software and... it's going to take me a while to get through all this. And I don't even think I have a lot of stuff? It's just that I shave... maybe twice/thrice a week and it takes a while to get through it. Even in Gruyere. So much stuff to try and scents and yes.

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE and 365 Shaves

PXL_20230321_223323315.jpeg

1954 Gillette Super Speed flair tip loaded with Kai SS (1), D.R. Harris Natural and Omega EVO 2.0

Saturdays thru Tuesdays are committed to special event days. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I choose my own selection. I started with a fresh Kai blade which I haven't used recently. I have become attached to the Harris Naturals soap and the Super Speed is as old as I am.

I get it about using new blades. It is so enjoyable and easier to shave with a blade in it's prime. But there is also the flip side of the story. An older blade challenges our technique and skills to get similar results. Then there is moderation. I got 21 shaves with my last blade. I still have it and can use it more if I really want to.

Today's shave was enjoyable. It was easy to get near BBS results. With all the old and new products on the market, we are in the midst of shaving nirvana...and restraintful decisions.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

linty1

My wallet cries.
0C1E086F-B15E-4E58-8442-2F313667B210.jpeg

Still in.

The more I use this brush the more I like it, its the right amount of bb and density and tips so soft. This brush actually satisfied an itch of mine which was for a painters/longer handle, I was initially looking at getting an old dubl duck brush abd reknot it, or perhaps one of those nice looking “Heritage Collection” ones. A quick mid-week 2 pass shave. I think I may be done on this razor/blade combo… I rinsed it and left it together, we’ll see if I have enough time to clean it properly or it’ll have to last another shave.

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless
Ti95SCL
Gillette 365 (2)
DVH Synthetic
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Still in. Had some major issues to put at bay and surprisingly managed to do it too! Just 8 more days and I/we have managed to be a full quarter in restraint. Personally I hope this will serve as a tipping point for the other quarters and that it will become even easier over time.

Every Tuesday and Thursday is candy razor day as far as I am concerned. I get to use my most precious and most beautifully designed razor. I was really looking forward to this shave for quite a while, but other blade adventures kept the idea at bay. And I was not disappointed at all. A very smooth and comfortable BBS-ish result in three passes.

Further details to today's shave can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

#10 here and I’m still in. I’ve been using my Merkur 34c this week and I’m loving it. I haven’t used this razor much lately, but I now remember all of the trouble free shaves it had given me. Smooth and comfortable shaves are what I consistently get from the 34c. No BBS shaves, but that’s fine with me. I cannot afford to nick myself due to my daily dose of blood thinners.

PXL_20230322_135909319.jpeg

Leaf "Twig" with half Q-Shave blade (made in USA) (2), Stirling Best Badger and Proraso white Super Formula

The Twig razor is the most nimble razor I own. The head is very small and light weight. It can shave in close quarters like no other DE razor can. The closest DE razor I own is the Gillette Old Type open comb- it also has a small light nimble head.
Today's shave was delightful. Small careful strokes with the Twig left me a DFS+ finish. I use our (now 15 years old) granddaughter's baby cup to pre-soak the brush.

#38 still in. Normally, I am a face latherer, but today, I used a bowl to build up the lather and « accidentally » used too much water. When I applied the lather to the face, I thought it would be too thin and not give enough protection, but to my surprise, the normally rather harsh R41 provided me a superb smooth and comfortable shave… I will have to give it another try to find out if the harsher R41 just needs a much more watery lather to provide a smoot shave..l
Anyway, still in and doing fine

RazorBladeBrush
Fatip Piccolo GentileGillette 365 (3)
Razorock
Plissoft
Pre-shaveSoap & BowlPost-shave
Cold splashMike’s Barbershop
Proraso Green
Cold splash

Efficiency (scoring details here)Quality
8/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (clean)
EffectivenessComfort
7/10 (DFS)
10/10 (GlideFest)
Notes to today’s shave:

Still in. LOTH commented yesterday evening that using the stuff I have should give me joy as it is. I think she might be right (as she always is).

The shave was absolutely wonderful. Superglide so much so I wondered if it was shaving at all. But three passes later I am smooth and clean.

Further details to this shave can be found here.

Enjoy your shave today!

DED528DE-D069-4182-9726-1FCE3250857C.jpeg

Timeless Ti.68, Semogue 830 and SV 70th

Good Day Gents
We are on a getaway in Branson MO. A Greek restaurant and show scheduled today.
An early shave with two passes.
I will use the same gear for the next couple days.

A new to me Wolf Whiskers' brush has outed me as Warder. Be careful what you tell me, for I may pass it on to #2!!

Poseidon's Lair
20230322_205441.jpg

A friend posted this in a BST. Between the color and the knot being on of my favorites (Maggard Razors SHD badger), I decided one more brush couldn't hurt me!
20230323_071512.jpg

Top Bottom