What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

20230125_211432.jpg

Character building week! Not catching a lot of breaks , but at least still getting good shaves and I'm going to see how far this blade can go.

Canadian postwart tech
Bic chrome Platinum (7?)
PAA diver down
Razorock bruce
Captain's choice venture
Witch hazel

Weathering first temptation of the year. Been face lathering with synthetic brush and liking it quite a bit. Don't like the boars as much for this. Keep seeing Pheonix Perigrino brush and
thinking what a good looking brush.
I think #2 is playing mind games with me. If I see the brush in the Village store I will know something fishy is going on. Stay strong!
Be seeing you! #4

The INDIVIDUAL identified as #33...Still In!
ETHOS,...SECOND THOUGHTS

PXL_20230125_160829547.jpg

Timeless Ti .68
Gillette Platinum
Simpson T3
Ethos Melange d'agrumes

A couple weeks ago, (on the day I caused the double column problem on three threads :blushing: ), I compared this Ethos soap with the TOBS Grapefruit.

Today, I am questioning my earlier comments. I discovered Ethos is a VERY THIRSTY soap. In my previous comparison, I am certain I did not add enough hydration to the lather. Today, the scent was a little subtle but still present after two passes. What I noticed the most was how slick, smooth and creamy the lather was. Performance now rises to the top of the class.

Since I am now learning how to use a straight razor, I have been making my lathers even more hydrated-kinda testing the limits before the lather structurally starts to break down.
Today experience was a MFS-Mighty Fine Shave. This is a great hobby!

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Last edited:
Still in but hanging on by a wet string. Tabac is one of those products I've been wanting to try and I'm very tempted especially considering the original formula will likely be achieving unobtanium status in the near future. My current online supplier still has it in stock. Help! :)

Thursday January 26, 2023
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap
Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
Blade: Wizamet S.I (1)

IMG_2150.jpg

I think my off line supplier has the original formula and I don’t expect him to run out soon. So we should be able to hook you up when this is all completed successfully. And otherwise I can scoop mine out of the bowl and send you that. Courtesy of my wife!!! She is definitely not a fan of the scent.

Guido
Hi Guido
Thank you so much for your kind offer!!! I do live in Canada and will of course cover your costs! I'll send you a PM with my details.

Today, I am questioning my earlier comments. I discovered Ethos is a VERY THIRSTY soap. In my previous comparison, I am certain I did not add enough hydration to the lather. Today, the scent was a little subtle but still present after two passes. What I noticed the most was how slick, smooth and creamy the lather was. Performance now rises to the top of the class.
Yes the scent is subtle and that's why they used to include a bottle of EO concentrate. Now, the new line of tallow creams are specifically designed to preserve the scent by not using a hot pour method. I can say that the new Bergamotto is juicy and tart and just wonderful and the cream base is plenty slick! :devil:
(also sold out, but TRC has a different scent available)

Still in but hanging on by a wet string. Tabac is one of those products I've been wanting to try and I'm very tempted especially considering the original formula will likely be achieving unobtanium status in the near future. My current online supplier still has it in stock. Help! :)

Thursday January 26, 2023
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Lather: Canada Shaving Soap
Razor: Henson Ti22 V2 +
Blade: Wizamet S.I (1)

View attachment 1594721
if you're going out, do it for some Irish Moos. Tabac smells like granny's boudrour, and is foul smelling. and it lasts. it does preform marvelously though.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Weathering first temptation of the year. Been face lathering with synthetic brush and liking it quite a bit. Don't like the boars as much for this. Keep seeing Pheonix Perigrino brush and
I think #2 is playing mind games with me. If I see the brush in the Village store I will know something fishy is going on. Stay strong!
Be seeing you! #4
download (2).jpeg

If you ask he'll order anything...

..except a bigger map

if you're going out, do it for some Irish Moos. Tabac smells like granny's boudrour, and is foul smelling. and it lasts. it does preform marvelously though.
The good news is that @Guido75 is going to send me a small sample. We'll see on which end of the spectrum I fall with respect to the scent so I'm safe for now. As for Irish Moos, I don't know much about it so in an effort to avoid more tempting products I will avoid searching to learn more about it until much later this year. That could be up for consideration in 2024!
It never gets old saying that this forum has no shortage of really good people!

The good news is that @Guido75 is going to send me a small sample. We'll see on which end of the spectrum I fall with respect to the scent so I'm safe for now. As for Irish Moos, I don't know much about it so in an effort to avoid more tempting products I will avoid searching to learn more about it until much later this year. That could be up for consideration in 2024!
It never gets old saying that this forum has no shortage of really good people!
Sir Irish Moos hasn't been made for several years now, to it may cost a pretty penny if you are able to find it.

Be seeing you! #4
I have the PAA phantom aerolight that I haven't used in about 6 mo if you want to try it out before You pull the trigger. Same handle.. I don't know if a brush is in your exception.

Prisoner 56 reporting in.
I tried to escape today, but I’m not going anywhere soon. I wanted to run errands, evening concert band rehearsal. But yesterday Rover put this a half mile down the road to keep me in:

E4450C54-5EA1-4BC7-88D4-EA88868345CC.jpeg

So I stayed home and worked for the Village. I made great progress on cutting up the Douglas Fir that fell three weeks ago. I was tired, but I still got a DFS with my Tech and Feather. One very small nick.
Be seeing you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom