What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Still in!

20230516_083541.jpg

linty1

My wallet cries.
Tabac is great isn't it? It's... the only one? so far I've bought a second jar of. Actually the first one was a stick that I sliced up, it worked so well I went and got the ceramic jar one. Anyways:

ED2002A0-06E8-4223-B1E8-5C6E4BC0E420.jpeg

Had enough time to do a mid week shave! Everything went well, no issues.

Still in.

For some reason I hadn't looked at this thread for a while. I was getting the urge to scrounge around antique stores and yard sales today. I have to resist because I know that if I look I'll find something that will eat away at my willpower until I buy it. Stay strong, everyone!

An Italian Theme Day
Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

PXL_20230518_142714691.jpg

Yesterday our grandson was honored at a school awards day. Today the awards are for our granddaughter.:a14:

Today I was in an old school mood. Actually, I was pampering myself- I had a DFS+ shave but afterwards, my skin felt BBS!

Please take care of yourself and each other.

linty1

My wallet cries.
0BA13157-EDB6-4220-ADF6-E7CE3C4129D7.jpeg

Still in.

Wanted to get a shave in before the long weekend, went for the full 4 pass shave, and the maca root performed. Done with this particular loadout though, and brush gets a washing as does the razor and off it goes to dry. Not sure what the next one will be yet. Oh well. Hope everyone enjoys their long weekend.

Date20.05.2023
365 daily shaves / GRUYERE140/365 (100%)
140/363 (99%)
GRUME May / Soap of the Month Club(SOTMC)
20/29 (94%)
20/31 (100%)
Modern May15/31
(84%)

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95SCL
Gillette Black (9)Omega Super Badger
SoapPasses
Pre- & Post-shave
Haslinger
Sandelholz
WTG XTG
ATG
1. Cold splash
2. KCG Face Wash
3. Proraso Green preshave
4. Cold splash
5. Aftershave
6. Balm

Efficiency
(details here)
Quality
8/10 (~20 m)9.5/10 (super tiny weepers)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS++)10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to these shaves:

Still out, no Treewhaling at all, and didn’t stay away from the buy now button either. I managed to obtain my final wanted razor for a very reasonable price. If all goes well June will be seeing a NEW SC making its appearance. Only one razor left to get (for Christmas) and that one is waiting patiently at fellow shaving brother Jack Goossen.

Weekend shave #1 and time for my Timeless again
:001_wub:

The Gillette blade is really smoothening out and getting into performance.

For extended notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Semogue/SV Saturdays!

PXL_20230520_151428619.jpg

Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

I usually take a picture before I shave but today you can see the very nice bloom on the drying Semogue 830 brush.
Last year, my most memorable month was Decemboar...I really learned to enjoy and appreciate boar brushes. The 830 is my favorite.
We are picking up our 94 year old mother-in law today for a visit. She still drives and does all her own shopping and helps take care of a lot of "old" people.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

My state has still not changed. I am still out but I am did shave 1547 on my brick of vitos today and coincidentally I have refrained from purchasing shaving products before I broke the seal on the brick. Just posting to poke a bit of perspective... and see if anyone wants to join the dark warder side.

My state has still not changed. I am still out but I am did shave 1547 on my brick of vitos today and coincidentally I have refrained from purchasing shaving products before I broke the seal on the brick. Just posting to poke a bit of perspective... and see if anyone wants to join the dark warder side.
I just dodged a bullet on a Semogue 820 brush. Whew! It was a close one.

After that episode, I think I'm clear for the remainder of 2023.

Gimme warp speed 10 Scotty. Oh wait, that was last year’s theme.

Top Bottom