What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Still in!

If La Toja was a favourite of mine (it isn't), it'd make my scratch my head for sure. And perhaps I'd even leave GRUYERE if I felt it was worth it.

I do understand everyone's decision.

However, "hoarding" soon to be unavailable stuff not doesn't feel in line with the approach of the annual restraint.
Just my 0.02 Credits 😉

There are so many alternatives available out there, and even in The village...

Screenshot_20230105_223441_YouTube.jpg

Be seeing you!

Hi,

That's the problem with Discontinuance...It does make one think 'I'd better get a bunch'. Well, we have always had a Play From Home division. Meaning, stay around like you are Still In. That does work. Plus, this year, we have a theme where everyone is still in The Village. :)

And, I too understand. If something is Going Away, one has to act now and not in January.

Stan

My list has been updated but since I posted a new one yesterday, I won't repost it right now for one additional La Toja purchase.

howdy folks, still in no fuss ,

Quick question, would exchanging a few blade with the bank bank blade put me out of the GRUYERE, I would assume not, but better ask than be sorry.

I am looking to test a few blade later on in the summer probably and that would pretty much the way to go.
Maybe others should chime in as this is just my opinion…. As long as it’s an even exchange of blades (ex.: 5 blades of one brand for 5 blades of another brand), I would not see it as an issue.

Hello Prisoners and Warders,

I have been keeping to myself in my comfortable apartment, but have ventured out into the village to take in the sites. I am ashamed to admit that the brush that outed me as a warder is now on the BST. I think it was a double agent! It got me to reveal myself, and then turned out not to be what I wanted in a brush!

This has happened to me in my previous attempt at a year-long restraint, the item that I go out on is on the BST before the year is over. Oh well, it is a gorgeous brush and will make some shaver very happy!

Postscript: I don't want to be misleading. There have been other purchases after the brush, but I did not treewhale. I added 2 razors that are keepers, and a soap or 4 that are also top-notch!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still in.

Shaved yesterday and don't feel like crawling around in the attic that is my brain attempting to recall what goodies were utilized. Suffice it to say that had and continue to have enough stuff to get the job done in a pleasant fashion and will continue to have enough stuff the foreseeable future. Also I did not buy any more of that kind of stuff.

BCNU

Still in.

A very belated mail call got delivered today, these were ordered previous year in November/ December, and after traveling the world for close to a month and half, I got them. Phew!

View attachment 1654785

The brushes are 32/33 mm knot diameter, 55 mm loft, and the bristles are excellent!
O cool, you are a member of the Reddit group. @sugardaddy has been breaking in his brush in his videos lately. I understood it had massive amounts of backbone.

O cool, you are a member of the Reddit group. @sugardaddy has been breaking in his brush in his videos lately. I understood it had massive amounts of backbone.
Yes, you are spot on about the backbone.

Being a Zenith brush I'm hoping it'll have a sooner break-in time and acceptable lather flow through.

Sugadaddy has a group post for posting photos of break-in progress, I think this brush tired a lot of fellow users or they're waiting to post remarkable difference between photos.

This is the biggest boar in my rotation, and possibly biggest in Zenith catalogue as well.

This was actually purchased for gifting purpose, but the cost of shipping wasn't justified, so I purchased two, lol.

Top Bottom