What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Q1 check in. I'll be seeing (or watching) you (closely!)

being seeing you shopkeep.jpg

20230401_135610.jpg

2023 GRUYERE #49 - Still in
April 2023 GRUME #33 - Still in
Vintage April, 2023 #33

Date: Yesterday 04.01.23
Days growth: 2

Head shaver

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Feather (5)
Brush: Vielong black horse hair

Pre-shave: Hot shower using Duke Cannon Big A** lump of coal on face and head with facial scrubber

Lather: Nivea stick face lathered

Passes: 2 - 5, then 3

Post Shave Routine and products:
1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2
2 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
3 - Alum block
4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
5 - Aftershave - Nivea Deep
6 - Balm: Nivea Sensitive skin

Time from shower on to dressed and ready: 56 min.

NOTES: A super fantastic shave! This was the first drive with the slim. I did an experiment and let it soak fully submerged in wd40 for 6 or 8 weeks. So much crud melted out of there. The TTO and adjustment were already smooth but now they're even smoother! I helped clean it up a little too even though I scrubbed it with dawn mixed with baking soda. I'm going to try the feather for a 6th shave but this 5th shave was BBS.
Quality: 10/10
Comfort: 10/10
Enjoyment: 10/10
BBS DCS

Just when I don't feel any temptation, I hear gillette Nacet production may change. It is my favorite blade. Was planning on buying more during next years restocking dates, and would sure hate to try finding suitable alternative.
I understand your concerns as I’m having similar thoughts. Nacet blades are my favorite! Hmm…. Waiting until the restock period might not work well for us as that factory might be shut down by then. I guess we’ll just have to remain strong.

I still have around 150 blades, almost a 3 year supply for me, so I should be good.

linty1

My wallet cries.
thumbnail_IMG_2203.jpg

Still in.

Got in a Sunday afternoon shave, Simpson keyhole, this best bristle is very soft, do like it. Feather ASd2 and also a GSB blade with proraso. Just reflecting one how I haven't used a bowl in a long while. I think I may when I get back to using creams? But we'll see. Really liking the face lathering.

I understand your concerns as I’m having similar thoughts. Nacet blades are my favorite! Hmm…. Waiting until the restock period might not work well for us as that factory might be shut down by then. I guess we’ll just have to remain strong.

I still have around 150 blades, almost a 3 year supply for me, so I should be good.
I used a Treet durasharp yellow the last two days. Very smooth and close. Longevity may not be as good but just as good a shave. So I will hold out on any temptation to buy Nacets.

@Tillerman I picked up some Nacets last summer. The Manufacture date on the tucks is 02/09/2021. There should be enough old stock in the supply chain to last until restock.

Hi,

Why, yes. It is. And, sell and/or trade all you want over on the BST. ;)

Buying, well. OK. I'll add an exception. Anyone selling a B&B branded item on the BST y'all are free to buy. As if anyone would be selling a Group Buy brush, for example. But, if they are, go right ahead as if it were a current offering. :p

Stan
Hey Stan, do we have any B&B branded Nacet blades on the BST?

:w00t:

MdC/Muhle Monday

PXL_20230402_190648680.jpeg

Gillette Old Type with Q Shave blade, MdC Rose and Muhle XL STF brush

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE, 365 Shaves and Vintage April

We did a lot of yard work this morning and I had a great shave this afternoon. A DFS+ finish and this trio is hard to beat.
Speaking of trios...duets, quartets and quintets, Beto, @Beto Salatini picks some great jazz selections.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I had my first "almost" moment, recently. I discovered that Derby City Chop Shop aftershave is in stock. I have been wanting to try this aftershave for literally years.

Then I frantically looked at all the other things I am considering using my exception on...

Then I stopped, and breathed, and... gone. I don't need this. Back on course to taco bell!

Top Bottom